A Message from the Principal
Dear Boxer Parents
It's my pleasure to welcome you to Oscar De la Hoya Animo Charter High School, home of the Boxers. Our school team is committed to providing a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become problem solvers and innovative thinkers. Our successful efforts as a school have been recognized with several prestigious awards. We are proud to announce that we have received the California Distinguished School Award, and are ranked top one percent on US News. These are all wonderful honors that recognize the commitment and hard work of our staff, students, and parents. Our students’ success is our number one goal and these awards applaud our efforts.
Parents are highly encouraged to actively join our team by participating in our monthly “Coffee with the Principal,” joining our School Advisory Council, attending parent conferences, and by talking to the teacher about your child's progress and how you can help your child at home. The level of parent involvement is directly correlated to our high level of student success. Make it your goal this year to be actively involved in your child’s school.
The Boxer Family is committed to the success of all students. Learning and teaching is our business and we are determined to be the best that we can be. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this year a more successful and memorable school year for your child.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. My door is always open. email@example.com
Dr. Kathya Arriaran-Buono
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week we…
Latest Updates from ODLHA
- SBAC Results Show Green Dot Schools Achieve Breakthrough in Student GrowthSouth LA students are achieving some of the best academic growth in the state, according to state test and academic growth models from CORE, a network of the nine largest school districts across California. CORE student growth percentiles show significant growth and achievement for Green Dot Public Schools’ students, a network of Title I public charter schools founded in 1999, when it first ... read more
- Green Dot Students Advocate for After School Programs in SacramentoBefore ending the school year, students from Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo Charter High School, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School, and Ánimo Jackie Robinson Charter High School headed to Sacramento to advocate on behalf of after school programs. Each of these student’s participation in after school programs motivated them to join the California Afterschool & Summer Challenge (CalSAC), ... read more
- Seven Green Dot High Schools Rank in U.S. News & World Report’s BestWe have a lot to celebrate this week: over the weekend we honored 10 Green Dot educators and staff at the Sixth Annual Golden Dot Awards, we’re currently celebrating National Teacher Appreciation Week, and today we are pleased that seven of Green Dot’s high schools have been awarded medals by U.S. News & World Report’s Best High Schools 2018 report. The report recognizes seven ... read more
- ‘Why Do I Always Strive for Perfection?’ by Elizabeth JimenezThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Writing & Art Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. Why Do I Always Strive for Perfection? by Elizabeth Jimenez, 10th grade, Oscar De La ... read more
- ‘Everything Flies Away’ by Anastasia FajardoThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. Everything Flies Away by Anastasia Fajardo, 10th grade, Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo Charter High School Frida ... read more