We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Our schools will continue distance learning through December, 2020. Learn more >>
Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas continuarán el aprendizaje a distancia hasta el final de diciembre del 2020. Aprende más >>
A Message from the Principal
Dear Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo (ODLHÁ) Charter High School Community,
It is an honor to serve as principal of such a passionate and giving community. ODLHÁ is committed to serving each student by driving our mission of preparing all students for college, leadership, and life and providing the supports necessary for students to feel safe and cared for by each one of our team members on campus. We are proud to continue to highlight that our school is among the top 10% of high schools as published by the U.S. News and World Report’s Best High Schools Ranking.
Our attitude of resilience is an integral characteristic of each one of our stakeholders – students, parents, staff, community partners. We will continue to strive regardless of the obstacles. The ODLHÁ family continues to come together (figuratively) to ensure our students receive the best education as we open our 2020 – 2021 school year on a Distance Learning platform. The commitment to our mission continues to live in our Distance Learning classrooms daily. ALL our students will continue to be prepared for college, leadership and life.
Please refer to our COVID-19 resources on this website for more related information. You are not alone; we are in this together, and together we will overcome all obstacles. Please reach out if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
M. Xochitl Avellan
Interim Principal and Area Superintendent
Area Superintendent & Interim Principal
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
Full PDF Here >>
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. VIP is here to help you! Click here for more info Haga clic aquí para información
Parents, please review this letter that was mailed out recently. It contains information regarding your student and upcoming events. Padres, por favor revisen esta carta que se envió recientemente. Contiene información sobre su estudiante y los próximos eventos.
Families, please take a look here at this list of updated resources for immigrant families, rental assistance, food distribution, and more! Familias, echenle un vistazo aqui a esta lista de recursos actualizados para familias inmigrantes, asistencia de alquiler, distribución de alimentos y más!
We invite you to take a tour of our updated webpage now here with Virtual Expanded Learning Programs: Lessons/Activities, Learning Supports, Reading Corner, and Virtual Field Trips. Los invitamos a que visiten nuestra página web actualizada ahora aqui con Programas Virtuales De Aprendizaje Expandido: Lecciones/Actividades, Apoyos de Aprendizaje, Rincón de Lectura y Excursiones Virtuales.
Our school will host a virtual graduation to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of our seniors. This will be a pre-recorded event and graduates will be recognized during the graduation. The ceremony will take place on Thursday, June 11th, 2020 at 5pm through our school website. Let your friends and family know. Thank you!…
With support from the U.S. Dept. of Education, UC Santa Barbara is offering an online course to help students focus their minds, reduce their stress, and manage their emotions. Daily lessons are about 10-12 minutes and the course teaches students how to train their attention to relate more effectively to their thoughts and emotions. In…
Families with children who get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits do not need to apply. Most will get their P-EBT card in the mail during the month of May. P-EBT cards will begin arriving around May 12, 2020.
Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do not get their P-EBT card in the mail by about May 22, 2020 must apply online before June 30, 2020. The online application will be available beginning May 22, 2020 at ca.p-ebt.org.
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week we…
Latest Updates from ODLHA
- College Classes at the Age of 12? How AEO Is Giving Students a Jump Start to CollegeAt Ánimo Ellen Ochoa Charter Middle School (AEO), the road to college begins early. Through a dual enrollment partnership with East Los Angeles College (ELAC), AEO is helping students create a path to success that includes taking college courses before they even reach their first year of high school. “Being from East LA and growing up in that same neighborhood I want ... read more
- 13 Green Dot Students Awarded $20,000 Dell ScholarshipsAfter a competitive round of national applications, 13 Green Dot Public School students were accepted into the prestigious Dell Scholars Program. Funded by the Susan & Michael Dell Foundation, the Dell Scholars program equips 500 students with a Dell Laptop, textbook credits, academic resources, mentorship opportunities—and a $20,000 scholarship. “We have exceptional and talented students all across our Green Dot network of ... read more
- Our Math Teachers Share Their Favorite Distance Learning ToolsWhen school districts around the nation shifted to distance learning, we had to reimagine our learning environments. Our school leadership teams and curriculum specialists collaborated with our teachers to develop innovative practices and approaches to support students in achieving subject mastery. In a remote learning environment. And as a network, we’ve made a swift commitment to ... read more
- Five Glimpses into School Spirit During CovidIn these times of uncertainty, human connection is more important than ever. As distance learning continues, Green Dot educators have found new ways to spread hope and kindness in their school communities. This week, we’re highlighting a few ways that our schools have been staying connected and keeping school spirit high as we remain apart. ... read more
- Graduation 2020: The road to college and beyondJenny Legido ODLH Senior Profile 2020 from Green Dot Public Schools on Vimeo. Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo Charter High School graduate, Jenny Legido, reflects on her senior year and road to college. Fascinated by the human brain, Legido will pursue a major in Neuroscience at Middlebury College in the fall. ... read more