A Message from the Principal
Dear Pirate Families: Welcome to the 2017-18 school year! I hope you enjoyed a fun filled summer break with friends and family! Here, at Animo Venice, we have been preparing for the upcoming year, and are certainly excited to welcome new and returning students to a new school year of learning and growing. During the 2017-18 school year, all of us at Animo Venice will continue to build upon and refine our proven foundation of good work, honored traditions, and continued excellence in education. Our vision is to Prepare Students for College, Leadership, and Life!!! Personally, I am elated to be your principal and look forward to working with both you and your students to ensure smooth sailing! My goal is to ensure that every student at our school experiences ongoing academic and social growth and that every school day brings them closer to achieving their ultimate goals. We have several new educators joining our staff this school year, and they are eager to share their knowledge and passion for learning with our students! They are highly qualified, come with lots of experience, and share the Animo Venice mission.
- SPED - Christina “Tina” Gauthier
- SPED – Liliana Quintero
- Math – Kevin Castro
- Math – Joshua Rombro
- English – Franz Liebster
- History – Jordan Chaffin
- Government – Kathryn M. Dennis
- Spanish/College Readiness – Carlos Moreno
- School Psych – Augusto “Greego” Landicho
- Assistant Principal - Sharon Gorsich
I want to extend a special, year-long invitation to all of you, to please make an effort to attend school functions when possible. We want, we need, and we value your involvement. Your active participation is key to the success of your young Pirates’ high school experience.
I hope to see each of you at Back to School Night! on Thursday, August 17 from 5-7 PM. This will be a great time to strengthen our Pirate community, meet teachers and other families, and learn about the upcoming school year. Our school goal is to see 85% of our families at this event if not more.
Julio Murcia, Principal
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Latest Updates from Ánimo Venice
- Green Dot Students Outpace State in Student Growth and Proficiency ImprovementsGreen Dot’s students across Los Angeles, from Boyle Heights and Compton to Inglewood and Venice, are achieving breakthrough academic progress according to the newly-released results of state academic assessments in English and Math. “We’re incredibly proud that our class of 2020, who took the statewide exams last spring, outpaced statewide cohort growth by 40% in English and ... read more
- Making College Real: Why All Green Dot Schools Tour College CampusesAt Green Dot, college tours are a critical component of our students' path to higher education. Most importantly, exposing students to college campuses feeds a vision for their future, and allows them to imagine themselves walking the campus as a student one day. These trips also provide students with an opportunity to learn about life on a ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Ranked Among Best in the U.SNine Green Dot Public Schools are among America’s Best High Schools, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best High School Rankings. The schools included among the top 10% of high schools in the nation are Ánimo Leadership, Ánimo Inglewood, Ánimo Pat Brown, Ánimo Jackie Robinson and Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo Charter High Schools. In ... read more
- Five Green Dot Schools Up For Renewal Are All Re-authorizedSeveral schools across South LA were renewed this week, helping keep more high quality public options for these historically underserved neighborhoods. Green Dot Public Schools’ network of secondary schools in California had five schools under scrutiny this week--and all five were renewed! In a unanimous vote of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Board of Education, Ánimo Venice Charter High School, Ánimo ... read more
- Ánimo Venice Students Create a Documentary Exploring Sexuality, Gender, and Race in Mesoamerica“This is the first time any of us have had our work take us outside of our community, especially to a different state!” said Jonathan Lopez, senior at Ánimo Venice Charter High School. With the support of their history teacher Omar Ramirez, Mariah Bonilla, Jason Clemens, Abraham Hernandez-Mazon, and Jonathan Lopez created a documentary for the Los ... read more
2018 Graduation Photos
- Making College Real: Why All Green Dot Schools Tour College Campuses