Our schools are currently providing instruction through distance learning. We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Learn more >>
Nuestras escuelas actualmente dan instrucción a distancia. Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Aprende más >>
A Message from the Principal
Whenever I talk to a parent, I often hear the same sentiments expressed in conversation – each parent wants happiness and success for their child. The choice of school made by parents and their children entails so much more than neighborhoods and sports programs. Everyone wants and deserves a school that can be entrusted to build a path to a bright future for students.
What is the right kind of education that can unlock a successful future? We are certainly living in an unprecedented time in the history of modern civilization. Our world is changing at a speed that’s often difficult to quantify and it’s often hard to see the realities and careers of the future, let alone plan for them. An excellent education however reaches beyond the learning of facts and algorithms to give every participant the ability to think critically about the world that surrounds them. An excellent education entails rigorous and engaging college prep and arts courses that promote critical thinking and creativity. An excellent education challenges every scholar to engage with the challenges in the world and empowers each to believe in their role to solve these problems. An excellent education connects children and adults alike to self and community and builds life changing networks that open doors to college, career and opportunity.
At Ánimo Venice we understand that the choice of schools is one of the most important decisions that a family can make. A choice for Ánimo Venice is a choice for a future that matches the hopes of every parent and the interests and potential of every child. This is our commitment to each of our families and each of our scholars. Join us and learn the life changing ÁNIMO way!
Principal, Animo Venice Charter High School
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Latest Updates from Ánimo Venice
- 13 Green Dot Students Awarded $20,000 Dell ScholarshipsAfter a competitive round of national applications, 13 Green Dot Public School students were accepted into the prestigious Dell Scholars Program. Funded by the Susan & Michael Dell Foundation, the Dell Scholars program equips 500 students with a Dell Laptop, textbook credits, academic resources, mentorship opportunities—and a $20,000 scholarship. “We have exceptional and talented students all across our Green Dot network of ... read more
- Our Math Teachers Share Their Favorite Distance Learning ToolsWhen school districts around the nation shifted to distance learning, we had to reimagine our learning environments. Our school leadership teams and curriculum specialists collaborated with our teachers to develop innovative practices and approaches to support students in achieving subject mastery. In a remote learning environment. And as a network, we’ve made a swift commitment to ... read more
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020Though graduations and commencements look different than years prior, the achievement remains the same-- the hard work, challenging times, and sacrifices were all worth it. Join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our culminating and graduating classes of 2020 this week. The post Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020 appeared first on Updates ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Ranked Best in the U.S.Nine Green Dot Public Schools rank among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best High School Rankings. Most notably, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School is ranked in the top 1% of high schools in the nation, as well as the best high school in its district. Ánimo Inglewood, Ánimo Pat Brown and Oscar De La Hoya ... read more
- College Readiness is a Family Affair“When my oldest son came to this school he was struggling academically and was very timid, but the teachers helped him grow several grade levels and boosted his self esteem and confidence,” said Araceli Albores, an Ánimo Ellen Ochoa Charter Middle School (AEO) parent. At AEO, teachers saw her son’s potential and applied the necessary supports and interventions to help him better ... read more