Graduation Live Stream
When: 6/10/21 @ 5:00 PM PST
Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model for select grades. Hybrid Learning Model >> ; Distance Learning Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
A Message from the Principal
At Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School, our mission is to prepare students for college, leadership, and life through innovative instruction, a rigorous curriculum, and the use of the cutting-edge technology. Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School is committed to the education, development, and socioeconomic success of students who historically have been unlikely to attend and excel at an institution of higher learning.
We achieve our mission through a thoroughly student-centered environment that fosters life-long learning, cross-cultural competency, social responsibility, and academic excellence. We align the efforts of family, community, and school to foster these values.
-- Principal Mack Mossett
News & Announcements
Congrats to our 8th Grade Akira Alamin! Akira is the district-wide 1st Place middle school winner of the Animo Voices Writing Competition!
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
1st Place Hailey Alejandre 1st Place Oscar Aldrete 2nd Place Mrs.Lowther 2nd Place Valeria Lopez 3rd Place Jasmine Gudino 3rd Place Frida Ramos
Latest updates from Ánimo Westside
- How Ánimo Westside Created School Culture through TechnologyNow more than ever, building opportunities in technology is crucial to the success of our students. In 2018, The National Science Foundation reported that African Americans and Latinos are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) careers. Combined, Latino and African Americans make up just less than 11 percent of the science and engineering workforce in the United States. Our network ... read more
- 8th Grade Student Celebrates First Place in Ánimo Voices Writing CompetitionFor the last four years, students across our Los Angeles schools have competed in the Ánimo Voices Writing and Art Competition.This event was created to celebrate and amplify strong student voices with network-wide recognition, prizes, and scholarship awards. This year, Akira Alamin, an Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School student, won first place through her experimental storytelling, tenacity, and skill. Alamin wrote “Ringtone,” ... read more
- Writing: ‘Ringtone’ by Akira AlaminThis piece placed first for middle school writing submissions in the 2021 Ánimo Voices Writing and Art Competition, which invited students to express the reality of the challenges they or others face and/or how they or others find hope through difficult times. The competition is an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. ... read more
- The New School Year Comes at an Unprecedented Time for Green Dot EducatorsCOVID-19 has caused an unprecedented shift in education, but while the pandemic has created many new challenges, it has also inspired our schools to innovate and develop new ways to serve our students, families, and communities. As we head into the new school year, our stellar team of educators are ... read more
- How This School Put My Son Back on a Path to CollegeOver the past three years Myriam Aguirre’s son Eros, has developed a strong work ethic, gained confidence, and found success in subjects he once found difficult. Aguirre attributes her son’s growth to Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School‘s (WMS) commitment to meeting students where they are. Before attending WMS, Eros lacked the mathematical knowledge to successfully engage with grade level concepts. As a ... read more