Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model for select grades. Hybrid Learning Model >> ; Distance Learning Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
A Message from the Principal
At Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School, our mission is to prepare students for college, leadership, and life through innovative instruction, a rigorous curriculum, and the use of the cutting-edge technology. Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School is committed to the education, development, and socioeconomic success of students who historically have been unlikely to attend and excel at an institution of higher learning.
We achieve our mission through a thoroughly student-centered environment that fosters life-long learning, cross-cultural competency, social responsibility, and academic excellence. We align the efforts of family, community, and school to foster these values.
-- Principal Mack Mossett
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Congrats to our 8th Grade Akira Alamin! Akira is the district-wide 1st Place middle school winner of the Animo Voices Writing Competition!
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
1st Place Hailey Alejandre 1st Place Oscar Aldrete 2nd Place Mrs.Lowther 2nd Place Valeria Lopez 3rd Place Jasmine Gudino 3rd Place Frida Ramos
Latest updates from Ánimo Westside
- ‘Ringtone’ by Akira AlaminThis piece placed first for middle school writing submissions in the 2021 Ánimo Voices Writing and Art Competition, which invited students to express the reality of the challenges they or others face and/or how they or others find hope through difficult times. The competition is an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. ... read more
- The New School Year Comes at an Unprecedented Time for Green Dot EducatorsCOVID-19 has caused an unprecedented shift in education, but while the pandemic has created many new challenges, it has also inspired our schools to innovate and develop new ways to serve our students, families, and communities. As we head into the new school year, our stellar team of educators are ... read more
- How This School Put My Son Back on a Path to CollegeOver the past three years Myriam Aguirre’s son Eros, has developed a strong work ethic, gained confidence, and found success in subjects he once found difficult. Aguirre attributes her son’s growth to Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School‘s (WMS) commitment to meeting students where they are. Before attending WMS, Eros lacked the mathematical knowledge to successfully engage with grade level concepts. As a ... read more
- EDVISION: SUCCESS Coaching a Win-Win for SOE Counseling Students, Partner SchoolsAs the only counselor at Ánimo Charter Westside Middle School, Mariela Vidaurrazaga (MA ’07) is unable to meet individually with every student. “My focus tends to be on the ones who are in crisis, as well as making sure that our eighth-grade students are on track to graduate,” Vidaurrazaga explains. “But adolescence can be a challenging time, and I know there are ... read more
- I Am Black History: Why and How We Must Contribute to the Pages of All Our Students’ Stories