A Message from the Principal
At Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School, our mission is to prepare students for college, leadership, and life through innovative instruction, a rigorous curriculum, and the use of the cutting-edge technology. Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School is committed to the education, development, and socioeconomic success of students who historically have been unlikely to attend and excel at an institution of higher learning.
We achieve our mission through a thoroughly student-centered environment that fosters life-long learning, cross-cultural competency, social responsibility, and academic excellence. We align the efforts of family, community, and school to foster these values.
-- Principal Mack Mossett
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
Latest updates from Ánimo Westside
- I Am Black History: Why and How We Must Contribute to the Pages of All Our Students Stories
- ‘The Best of Bill Gates’ by Adam RussellThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. The Best of Bill Gates by Adam Russel, 8th grader, Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School ... read more
- ‘Malala Yousafzai’ by Karen HernandezThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. Malala Yousafzai by Karen Hernandez , 6th grade, Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School It was like ... read more
- How Ánimo Westside is Strengthening Parent and Community RelationshipsGreen Dot students do not study, struggle, or succeed alone—they do so in partnership with their families and neighbors, whose fates are intricately tied to the health of the communities in which they live, work, study, and play. At Green Dot, we go beyond community engagement to empower parents; strengthening the skills required to become powerful and informed ... read more
- Ánimo Westside Students Win Funding for Wellness ProgramIn honor of International Women’s Day, we’re proud to celebrate the young women at Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School are working to create social change at their school and within their community by launching Regular Girl Fitness. This program is built on the pillars of health literacy, mindfulness, and self awareness that seek to help young women get fit in every aspect of their life--mind, body, and ... read more