We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Schools begin with distance learning on August 12. // Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas comienzan con aprendizaje a distancia el 12 de agosto.
A Message from the Principal
At Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School, our mission is to prepare students for college, leadership, and life through innovative instruction, a rigorous curriculum, and the use of the cutting-edge technology. Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School is committed to the education, development, and socioeconomic success of students who historically have been unlikely to attend and excel at an institution of higher learning.
We achieve our mission through a thoroughly student-centered environment that fosters life-long learning, cross-cultural competency, social responsibility, and academic excellence. We align the efforts of family, community, and school to foster these values.
-- Principal Mack Mossett
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
Latest updates from Ánimo Westside
- The New School Year Comes at an Unprecedented Time for Green Dot EducatorsCOVID-19 has caused an unprecedented shift in education, but while the pandemic has created many new challenges, it has also inspired our schools to innovate and develop new ways to serve our students, families, and communities. As we head into the ... read more
- How This School Put My Son Back on a Path to CollegeOver the past three years Myriam Aguirre’s son Eros, has developed a strong work ethic, gained confidence, and found success in subjects he once found difficult. Aguirre attributes her son’s growth to Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School‘s (WMS) commitment to meeting students where they are. Before attending WMS, Eros lacked the mathematical knowledge to successfully engage with ... read more
- EDVISION: SUCCESS Coaching a Win-Win for SOE Counseling Students, Partner SchoolsAs the only counselor at Ánimo Charter Westside Middle School, Mariela Vidaurrazaga (MA ’07) is unable to meet individually with every student. “My focus tends to be on the ones who are in crisis, as well as making sure that our eighth-grade students are on track to graduate,” Vidaurrazaga explains. “But adolescence can be a challenging time, ... read more
- I Am Black History: Why and How We Must Contribute to the Pages of All Our Students Stories
- ‘The Best of Bill Gates’ by Adam RussellThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. The Best of Bill Gates by Adam Russel, 8th grader, Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School ... read more
- How This School Put My Son Back on a Path to College