We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Schools begin with distance learning on August 12. // Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas comienzan con aprendizaje a distancia el 12 de agosto.
We are excited to announce that we will offer summer school. Our summer school program will be through distance learning in partnership with Opportunities for Youth (OFY) and will be from July 1 to July 28, 2020. The focus is on allowing students to recover credit from previous courses. Rising seniors with a 3.0+ may also select to enroll in our Senior Bridge program. Students and families should have received a registration email with application information, and a notice from their School Counselor that they have been referred to summer school.
Students and families may contact Ms. Hildreth to inquire about their summer school eligibility. Counselor Contact Information: email@example.com
Ánimo Watts College Preparatory Academy
We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Watts, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Welcome to Animo Watts College Preparatory Academy! Our Warrior staff and faculty are honored to serve the Willowbrook, Watts, Compton, and South Los Angeles Community. For over 10 years, we’ve transformed worked hard to improve our graduation and college acceptance rates. This year, our theme is “Warriors Climb Higher” and we are focusing on Academic Excellence, a College-Going Culture, and Effective Interventions. We know that by climbing higher, we will further transform the educational opportunities for our students.
At AWCPA, we firmly believe that all stakeholders are critical in the education process. Please call, email, or visit our main office if you have questions about our school, or would like to discuss your current or prospective student.
Dr. Esther Deth
Dr. Esther Deth
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
Dr. Alyce Prentice
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Latest Updates from Ánimo Watts
- The Power of “Yet” — Rising to the Challenge Amid a Global PandemicCarmen Leiva, a math teacher at Ánimo Watts College Preparatory Academy, loves watching students in her classroom experience “light bulb moments” of realization. In these instances she’d see a spark in their eyes when they’d see their hard work come to fruition. “Carmen works so hard to build positive mindsets toward math in her students,” said ... read more
- Why This Alumna Is Committed to Public ServiceÁnimo Watts College Preparatory Academy alumna, Breanna Maldonado, has never been afraid of hard work. From taking advanced classes and dual enrollment college courses, holding a part-time job, and volunteering in her community, Maldonado has demonstrated that you can achieve anything with determination and drive. This year she received a full tuition scholarship to attend the ... read more
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020Though graduations and commencements look different than years prior, the achievement remains the same-- the hard work, challenging times, and sacrifices were all worth it. Join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our culminating and graduating classes of 2020 this week. The post Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class ... read more
- Green Dot Schools Work to Narrow the Digital Divide in South LA FamiliesFor many parents, COVID-19 has surfaced new challenges and anxieties as they grapple with uncertainty. Adjusting to what some call the ‘new normal’ has been far from easy for Noemi Rodriguez and her family. Navigating social services and completing school work ... read more
- Art: ‘My Anchor’ by Kimberly Mejia VasquezThis piece placed second for high school art submissions in the Ánimo Voices Writing and Art Competition, which invited students to consider a change they’d like to see in their community or the world and to convince an audience, through any genre of writing or visual medium, of the importance of this change. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student ... read more
2018 Graduation Photos
- Why This Alumna Is Committed to Public Service