A Message from the Principal
Ánimo Western Middle School is a special learning community because of our amazing staff and the families we serve. We are a public charter school that is dedicated to serve our local community. Our mission is to prepare every student for High School, College, Leadership and Life. We are a small learning community that serves approximately 645 families. Our mission is to provide a high caliber education characterized by Rigor, Relevance and Relationships to every student.
Along with providing strategic intervention and enrichment courses to ensure students are prepared for High School and College, our student also have opportunities to participate in after school programs like tutoring, dance, baseball, soccer, basketball and field trips to colleges and universities. Our staff possesses a strong passion for excellence. We have an unwavering belief in the potential of each of our students. We understand that to be successful in meeting our mission we must work closely with and serve our community and parents.
Our doors are always open. We hope to see you on our campus soon! Go Wolves!!!
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Important announcements for the new school year! If you need to meet with any administrator, counselor, or teacher, please call our main office to schedule an appointment Main Office Hours/ Horario de la Oficina Monday/Lunes, Tuesday/Martes, and Thursday/Jueves: 7:30am-4:00pm Wednesday/Miercoles & Friday/Viernes: 7:30am-3:00pm Minimum Day/Día Mínimo: 7:30am-1:00pm Tel: 323-600-6000 ext.3 Fax: 323-777-6056 Download the August…Read More
Latest Updates from Ánimo Western
- SBAC Results Show Green Dot Schools Achieve Breakthrough in Student GrowthSouth LA students are achieving some of the best academic growth in the state, according to state test and academic growth models from CORE, a network of the nine largest school districts across California. CORE student growth percentiles show significant growth and achievement for Green Dot Public Schools’ students, a network of Title I public charter schools founded in 1999, when it first ... read more
- ‘Congresswoman: Maxine Waters’ by Lauren KirkwoodThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. Untitled by Lauren Kirkwood, 8th grader, Ánimo Western Charter Middle School Congresswoman Maxine Waters is considered ... read more
- Green Dot Student Writing and Art Competition Awards Scholarship to Winners!
- Writing: ‘Carlos Segovia’ by Isabel Jamileh MenéndezThis piece placed third for middle school submissions in the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. ... read more
- Reflecting On a 2018 of GrowthAs we turn the page on a new year, we take this time to reflect on all the ways we’ve grown in the past year. We have much to be proud of, and still more growth to pursue, but always, we remain committed to the students and families who have entrusted us to help pave a path of preparation for college, leadership, and ... read more