Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model and afternoon learning model for select grades. Hybrid Learning Model >> ; Distance Learning Bell Schedule >>; Afternoon Support Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Ralph Bunche Friends,
It is an honor to serve every one of our students and families at Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School as Principal. My commitment to this community is rooted in our mission – preparing students for college, leadership and life. As an educator, my priority is to ensure our students have access to high quality education in every classroom as they navigate through their academic journey, leading to higher education. My vision is that every ARB graduate returns to his/her community and becomes an agent of change, leading the way and setting great example for generations ahead.
I am proud to be a contributor to the Green Dot vision in leading academic reform in South Central Los Angeles. Our team of teachers, administrators, and staff is dedicated to fulfilling this vision. We firmly believe in every student’s potential to succeed and work arduously to ensure we provide the necessary resources and support they need to reach success. Our work, however, is not the only contribution to our students’ triumph; parent participation and involvement in their student’s academic journey is a vital contributor to their achievement.
Dr. Ralph Bunche, Nobel Peace Prize Winner 1950, said, “Hearts are the strongest when they beat in response to noble ideals.” My devout commitment to leading Ánimo Ralph Bunche toward another state of excellence is what makes my heart beat. This is my ideal.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
Boys Volleyball and Boys and Girls Track and Field seasons will begin soon! Check out our schedule of events and come and support our teams! Volleyball March 12 – Animo Watts vs. ARB (Home Game – 4 PM) March 15 – Aspire Ollin University Prep vs. ARB (Home Game – 2:30 PM) March 20 –…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week we…
Latest Updates from ARB
- How ‘Sports Change Lives’ at This South LA High School“Sports change lives,” said Todd Wright, the long standing physical education teacher and athletic director at Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School. On and off the field of competition, educators like Wright are teaching students valuable lessons and inspiring them to become exceptional in all aspects of their lives. Ánimo Ralph Bunche, a high school just south of Downtown Los Angeles, is ... read more
- 5 Green Dot Students Take Part in Prestigious Summer Youth Fellows ProgramAt Green Dot, we encourage and prepare our students to participate in summer opportunities to help them explore new interests, prepare for college, and develop key life skills. This summer, five Green Dot students took part in the Coro Southern California Youth Fellows Program, a six-week internship designed to help students hone their leadership, communication, and analytical skills. Overall, twenty-five students across ... read more
- Senior Spotlight: Meet IngridWe interviewed Ingrid, a senior at Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School in Historic South Central, who was recently accepted into the prestigious Dell Scholars Program. Funded by the Susan & Michael Dell Foundation, the Dell Scholars program equips 500 students with a Dell Laptop, textbook credits, academic resources, mentorship opportunities—and a $20,000 scholarship. In the fall, Ingrid will be attending California ... read more
- Lasting Connections: How Our GSA Clubs Stayed Connected during a PandemicAt Green Dot, our educators, students, and families embrace the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Our efforts to expand our DEI commitments has helped us develop, maintain, and magnify safe spaces where all students can feel empowered to express themselves, build community, and help others. Across the network, many of our schools have Gender Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) to help our ... read more
- 11 Green Dot Students Awarded $5,000 College ScholarshipsAs the spring winds to an end, our students are celebrating trajectory-changing scholarship achievements. The ScholarMatch and Kayne Destination College programs awarded 11 Green Dot students in Los Angeles with $5,000 Scholarships, funded by the Ric & Suzanne Kayne Foundation. “We are proud of our students as they worked diligently over the past year and a half completing different college-ready milestones such ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Rank in U.S. News & World Report’s Best High Schools for 2021For over 20 years, our schools have led the charge in transforming public education, and have forged new pathways for success for all students. This year, U.S. News & World Report has ranked nine Green Dot Public Schools among the best in the nation in its 2021 Best High School Rankings. Each of these schools was recognized for their relentless commitment to ... read more