A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Ralph Bunche Friends,
It is an honor to serve every one of our students and families at Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School as Principal. My commitment to this community is rooted in our mission – preparing students for college, leadership and life. As an educator, my priority is to ensure our students have access to high quality education in every classroom as they navigate through their academic journey, leading to higher education. My vision is that every ARB graduate returns to his/her community and becomes an agent of change, leading the way and setting great example for generations ahead.
I am proud to be a contributor to the Green Dot vision in leading academic reform in South Central Los Angeles. Our team of teachers, administrators, and staff is dedicated to fulfilling this vision. We firmly believe in every student’s potential to succeed and work arduously to ensure we provide the necessary resources and support they need to reach success. Our work, however, is not the only contribution to our students’ triumph; parent participation and involvement in their student’s academic journey is a vital contributor to their achievement.
Dr. Ralph Bunche, Nobel Peace Prize Winner 1950, said, “Hearts are the strongest when they beat in response to noble ideals.” My devout commitment to leading Ánimo Ralph Bunche toward another state of excellence is what makes my heart beat. This is my ideal.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Boys Volleyball and Boys and Girls Track and Field seasons will begin soon! Check out our schedule of events and come and support our teams! Volleyball March 12 – Animo Watts vs. ARB (Home Game – 4 PM) March 15 – Aspire Ollin University Prep vs. ARB (Home Game – 2:30 PM) March 20 –…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week we…
Latest Updates from ARB
- How a 5k Run Changed This Student’s Life
- Keeping Students in College: Why Alumni Champions Are VitalAs our schools’ hallways fill with new and returning faces, we still warmly think of those who now walk the halls of colleges and universities across the country. Our students are often the first in their families to attend college, and this added pressure alongside the difficulty of adjusting to the academic and social challenges of college life can be overwhelming for even ... read more
- An Alumna’s Perspective on Green Dot’s Summer Institute for Business & Leadership for Women of ColorBy: Jacqueline Xiomara Murillo, alumna of Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School Being a part of Green Dot’s Summer Institute for Business and Leadership (SIBL) was a life changing experience. When I learned about the opportunity to work with Green Dot over the summer, I thought it would be a great opportunity, but ... read more
- Ánimo Cup Soccer Tournament Brings Green Dot Students TogetherOn an early Saturday morning, Green Dot middle school and high school students laced up their cleats for the Ánimo Cup,a intramural soccer tournament for teams in our network. This experience was more than just a soccer game--it was an opportunity for Green Dot students to showcase their growth as athletes, connect ... read more
- Art: ‘My Father’s Hands’ by Diana GutierrezThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. My Father's Hands by Diana Gutierrez, Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School ... read more