We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Schools begin with distance learning on August 12. // Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas comienzan con aprendizaje a distancia el 12 de agosto.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Ralph Bunche Friends,
It is an honor to serve every one of our students and families at Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School as Principal. My commitment to this community is rooted in our mission – preparing students for college, leadership and life. As an educator, my priority is to ensure our students have access to high quality education in every classroom as they navigate through their academic journey, leading to higher education. My vision is that every ARB graduate returns to his/her community and becomes an agent of change, leading the way and setting great example for generations ahead.
I am proud to be a contributor to the Green Dot vision in leading academic reform in South Central Los Angeles. Our team of teachers, administrators, and staff is dedicated to fulfilling this vision. We firmly believe in every student’s potential to succeed and work arduously to ensure we provide the necessary resources and support they need to reach success. Our work, however, is not the only contribution to our students’ triumph; parent participation and involvement in their student’s academic journey is a vital contributor to their achievement.
Dr. Ralph Bunche, Nobel Peace Prize Winner 1950, said, “Hearts are the strongest when they beat in response to noble ideals.” My devout commitment to leading Ánimo Ralph Bunche toward another state of excellence is what makes my heart beat. This is my ideal.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Boys Volleyball and Boys and Girls Track and Field seasons will begin soon! Check out our schedule of events and come and support our teams! Volleyball March 12 – Animo Watts vs. ARB (Home Game – 4 PM) March 15 – Aspire Ollin University Prep vs. ARB (Home Game – 2:30 PM) March 20 –…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week we…
Latest Updates from ARB
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020Though graduations and commencements look different than years prior, the achievement remains the same-- the hard work, challenging times, and sacrifices were all worth it. Join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our culminating and graduating classes of 2020 this week. The post Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Ranked Best in the U.S.Nine Green Dot Public Schools rank among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best High School Rankings. Most notably, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School is ranked in the top 1% of high schools in the nation, as well as the best high school in its district. Ánimo Inglewood, Ánimo Pat ... read more
- Why This Founding Green Dot Student Came Back to South LADaisy Estevez, a social studies teacher at Ánimo Mae Jemison Charter Middle School (AMJ), became a teacher in hopes of changing the lives and trajectories of students. Estevez was inspired by her teachers at Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School (ARB) who helped change her life when she was a founding student in 2006. “My school did ... read more
- More Than a Game: Layups and Life Skills“Early in my career, my first principal told me, ‘I don’t see the value in athletics.’ My jaw dropped,” recalled Todd Wright, Athletic Director at Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School (ARB). Wright knew nothing could be further from the truth; coaching at both the community college and high school levels showed him first-hand the positive impact ... read more
- Green Dot Joins Thousands of Parents to Rally Ahead of Charter MoratoriumYesterday hundreds of parents and students from Green Dot Public Schools joined thousands more from across the city to demand that Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) board members vote “no” on a resolution to call for a statewide moratorium on authorizing new charter schools. Although the school board was ultimately not responsive to the cries of those parents and passed the resolution, we will not give ... read more
2018 Graduation Photos
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Ranked Best in the U.S.