A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Families and Community Members,
Ánimo Phillis Wheatley is dedicated to providing a quality academic and social/emotional education to the students of our neighborhood. Serving grades 6th-8th we strive to create a safe, supportive environment where students are excited to learn. We invite you to explore our website and visit our campus to see the exciting things students are doing in preparation for high school, college, leadership, and life.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
Latest Updates from Ánimo Phillis Wheatley
- These Middle Schoolers are Un-BEE-lievable! Green Dot Hosts First Spelling BeeThis month students, families, and staff from all of Green Dot’s middle schools in California eagerly gathered in the Mark Taper Auditorium at the Los Angeles Central Public Library for Green Dot’s first network spelling bee. Erick Hernandez, a sixth grader at Ánimo Florence-Firestone Charter Middle School, earned first place after spelling the word “voracious” correctly and Luis Garay, a seventh grader at Ánimo ... read more
- ‘Untitled’ by Esther IkediubaThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Writing Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices and writing skills. Untitled by Esther Ikediuba, 8th grader, Ánimo Phillis Wheatley Charter Middle School The world was in ... read more
- Writing: ‘The Gangsta Gardener’ by Nyla SkinnerThis piece placed first for middle school submissions in the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. ... read more
- Green Dot Student Writing and Art Competition Awards Scholarship to Winners!
- Teaching at a Transformation School with Veronica RobinsonVeronica Robinson, a science teacher at Ánimo Phillis Wheatley Charter Middle School, shares why it's so important to her to teach at a transformation school. Join Our Transformation Work The post Teaching at a Transformation School with Veronica Robinson appeared first on Green Dot Public Schools Blog. ... read more