Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model and afternoon learning model for select grades. Hybrid Learning Model >> ; Distance Learning Schedule >>; Afternoon Support Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Florence-Firestone neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Welcome to Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School! APB is committed to changing the landscape of public education so that every child can be successful in college, leadership, and life. We proudly serve the Florence-Firestone neighborhood and surrounding communities, providing free, high quality, college-prep education. Whether you are a parent looking for a small school with a culture of learning for your child, a community member looking to help change lives through education, or an educator looking to join a collaborative teaching and learning organization, we are eager to hear from you and happy to answer any questions you may have.
Brian Reed, Principal
Join us for Coffee with the Principal meetings, every 1st Tuesday of the month from 10:30 - 11:30am.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
Every day, when Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School senior Viviana Hernandez drives home from school, she’s reminded of a persistent community problem: potholes. In the worst potholes, her car tire drops in, hits the pothole wall, and shakes the car as it struggles to move forward. It’s a constant annoyance that’s damaging her car, but where…
This spring Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) District 7 Board Member Dr. Richard Vladovic honored educators from over 150 schools in his district at the Heroes in Education Award Ceremony. These educators were honored for their achievements in creating opportunities for student success, and making their schools and communities a better place for the families they serve.…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Pat Brown
- Lasting Connections: How Our GSA Clubs Stayed Connected during a PandemicAt Green Dot, our educators, students, and families embrace the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Our efforts to expand our DEI commitments has helped us develop, maintain, and magnify safe spaces where all students can feel empowered to express themselves, build community, and help others. Across the network, many of our schools have Gender Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) to help our ... read more
- 11 Green Dot Students Awarded $5,000 College ScholarshipsAs the spring winds to an end, our students are celebrating trajectory-changing scholarship achievements. The ScholarMatch and Kayne Destination College programs awarded 11 Green Dot students in Los Angeles with $5,000 Scholarships, funded by the Ric & Suzanne Kayne Foundation. “We are proud of our students as they worked diligently over the past year and a half completing different college-ready milestones such ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Rank in U.S. News & World Report’s Best High Schools for 2021For over 20 years, our schools have led the charge in transforming public education, and have forged new pathways for success for all students. This year, U.S. News & World Report has ranked nine Green Dot Public Schools among the best in the nation in its 2021 Best High School Rankings. Each of these schools was recognized for their relentless commitment to ... read more
- How a NY Times Best-Selling Author Amplified Our Students’ AchievementsCommunity Education Panel: Show Them You're Good from Green Dot Public Schools on Vimeo. It’s not everyday that a best-selling author wants to document your road to college. In his recent book Show Them You’re Good: A Portrait of Boys in the City of Angels the Year Before College, Jeff Hobbs depicted the senior year experiences of a small group ... read more
- 13 Green Dot Students Awarded $20,000 Dell ScholarshipsAfter a competitive round of national applications, 13 Green Dot Public School students were accepted into the prestigious Dell Scholars Program. Funded by the Susan & Michael Dell Foundation, the Dell Scholars program equips 500 students with a Dell Laptop, textbook credits, academic resources, mentorship opportunities—and a $20,000 scholarship. “We have exceptional and talented students all across our Green Dot network of ... read more