We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Schools begin with distance learning on August 12. // Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas comienzan con aprendizaje a distancia el 12 de agosto.
We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Florence-Firestone neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Welcome to Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School! APB is committed to changing the landscape of public education so that every child can be successful in college, leadership, and life. We proudly serve the Florence-Firestone neighborhood and surrounding communities, providing free, high quality, college-prep education. Whether you are a parent looking for a small school with a culture of learning for your child, a community member looking to help change lives through education, or an educator looking to join a collaborative teaching and learning organization, we are eager to hear from you and happy to answer any questions you may have.
Brian Reed, Principal
Join us for Coffee with the Principal meetings, every 1st Tuesday of the month from 10:30 - 11:30am.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Every day, when Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School senior Viviana Hernandez drives home from school, she’s reminded of a persistent community problem: potholes. In the worst potholes, her car tire drops in, hits the pothole wall, and shakes the car as it struggles to move forward. It’s a constant annoyance that’s damaging her car, but where…
This spring Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) District 7 Board Member Dr. Richard Vladovic honored educators from over 150 schools in his district at the Heroes in Education Award Ceremony. These educators were honored for their achievements in creating opportunities for student success, and making their schools and communities a better place for the families they serve.…
Did you know that Ánimo Pat Brown supports our students even after they graduate? A group of teachers called Alumni Champions provide alumni with the guidance they need to enroll in and graduate from college. Often, our students are the first in their family to attend college. This added pressure alongside the difficulty of adjusting…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Pat Brown
- The New School Year Comes at an Unprecedented Time for Green Dot EducatorsCOVID-19 has caused an unprecedented shift in education, but while the pandemic has created many new challenges, it has also inspired our schools to innovate and develop new ways to serve our students, families, and communities. As we head into the ... read more
- College Preparedness Shaped This Student into a Bonafide LeaderGrowing up, Valentin Castillo knew he wanted to go to college and serve his community, but he didn’t know how. That path became clearer once he attended Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School, a public college preparatory school serving the Florence-Graham ... read more
- My Journey to Stanford: Turning Goals Into RealityJocelyn Maceda Orduna, a Class of 2020 graduate of Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School (APB), will never forget the day she learned that she’d be spending the next four years of her life at Stanford University. On this day, Orduna nervously hovered her finger over the application status notification, unsure if she should open the ... read more
- This AP Government Class Takes Learning Outside of the ClassroomAt Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School, students don’t learn about government, they act on it. This past March, the the Chief Justice of California Courts and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction honored the high-performing high school with a Civic Learning Award for the second year in a row. This award recognizes schools’ efforts to ... read more
- Graduation 2020: Senior reflects on sacrificesSacrifice- the act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy. When I was younger I never fully understood the definition of the word “sacrifice” until I entered my freshman year of high school. The word “sacrifice started to display itself in my everyday life and ... read more
2018 Graduation Photos
- College Preparedness Shaped This Student into a Bonafide Leader