We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Florence-Firestone neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Welcome to Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School! APB is committed to changing the landscape of public education so that every child can be successful in college, leadership, and life. We proudly serve the Florence-Firestone neighborhood and surrounding communities, providing free, high quality, college-prep education. Whether you are a parent looking for a small school with a culture of learning for your child, a community member looking to help change lives through education, or an educator looking to join a collaborative teaching and learning organization, we are eager to hear from you and happy to answer any questions you may have.
Brian Reed, Principal
Bienvenido a Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School! APB esta comprometido a cambiar el panorama de la educación pública para que todos los niños pueden tener éxito en la universidad, el liderazgo y la vida. Estamos orgullosos de servir a el área de Florence-Firestone y las comunidades circundantes, proporcionando alta calidad de educación y de preparación universitaria gratuita. Si usted es un padre en busca de una pequeña escuela con una cultura de aprendizaje para su hijo, un miembro de la comunidad en busca de ayudar a cambiar vidas a través de la educación, o un educador que quieran unirse a una enseñanza de colaboración y organización de aprendizaje, nosotros estamos deseosos de saber de usted y dispuestos a responder a cualquier pregunta que pueda tener.
Brian Reed, Principal
Join us for Coffee with the Principal meetings, every 1st Tuesday of the month from 10:30 - 11:30am.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Every day, when Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School senior Viviana Hernandez drives home from school, she’s reminded of a persistent community problem: potholes. In the worst potholes, her car tire drops in, hits the pothole wall, and shakes the car as it struggles to move forward. It’s a constant annoyance that’s damaging her car, but where…
This spring Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) District 7 Board Member Dr. Richard Vladovic honored educators from over 150 schools in his district at the Heroes in Education Award Ceremony. These educators were honored for their achievements in creating opportunities for student success, and making their schools and communities a better place for the families they serve.…
Did you know that Ánimo Pat Brown supports our students even after they graduate? A group of teachers called Alumni Champions provide alumni with the guidance they need to enroll in and graduate from college. Often, our students are the first in their family to attend college. This added pressure alongside the difficulty of adjusting…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Pat Brown
- Ánimo Pat Brown’s New Building Strengthens the College PathwayThis fall, the Florence-Firestone community gathered to celebrate the groundbreaking of the new Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School (APB) building. The community was overjoyed not just by the prospect of a new facility, but the sixth through twelfth grade pathway the new building will support. The new facility will be a close neighbor to Ánimo Florence Firestone Charter Middle School (AFF), which ... read more
- Reflecting On a 2018 of GrowthAs we turn the page on a new year, we take this time to reflect on all the ways we’ve grown in the past year. We have much to be proud of, and still more growth to pursue, but always, we remain committed to the students and families who have entrusted us to help pave a path of preparation for college, leadership, and ... read more
- Keeping Students in College: Why Alumni Champions Are VitalAs our schools’ hallways fill with new and returning faces, we still warmly think of those who now walk the halls of colleges and universities across the country. Our students are often the first in their families to attend college, and this added pressure alongside the difficulty of adjusting to the academic and social challenges of college life can be overwhelming for even ... read more
- SBAC Results Show Green Dot Schools Achieve Breakthrough in Student GrowthSouth LA students are achieving some of the best academic growth in the state, according to state test and academic growth models from CORE, a network of the nine largest school districts across California. CORE student growth percentiles show significant growth and achievement for Green Dot Public Schools’ students, a network of Title I public charter schools founded in 1999, when it first ... read more
- Five Green Dot Schools Up For Renewal Are All Re-authorizedSeveral schools across South LA were renewed this week, helping keep more high quality public options for these historically underserved neighborhoods. Green Dot Public Schools’ network of secondary schools in California had five schools under scrutiny this week--and all five were renewed! In a unanimous vote of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Board of Education, Ánimo Venice Charter High School, Ánimo ... read more