When: 6/11/21 @ 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM PST
Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model and afternoon learning model for select grades. Hybrid Learning Model >> ; Distance Learning Bell Schedule >>; Afternoon Support Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
A Message from the Principal
Dear Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo (ODLHÁ) Charter High School Community,
It is an honor to serve as principal of such a passionate and giving community. ODLHÁ is committed to serving each student by driving our mission of preparing all students for college, leadership, and life and providing the supports necessary for students to feel safe and cared for by each one of our team members on campus. We are proud to continue to highlight that our school is among the top 10% of high schools as published by the U.S. News and World Report’s Best High Schools Ranking.
Our attitude of resilience is an integral characteristic of each one of our stakeholders – students, parents, staff, community partners. We will continue to strive regardless of the obstacles. The ODLHÁ family continues to come together (figuratively) to ensure our students receive the best education as we open our 2020 – 2021 school year on a Distance Learning platform. The commitment to our mission continues to live in our Distance Learning classrooms daily. ALL our students will continue to be prepared for college, leadership and life.
Please refer to our COVID-19 resources on this website for more related information. You are not alone; we are in this together, and together we will overcome all obstacles. Please reach out if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
M. Xochitl Avellan
Interim Principal and Area Superintendent
Area Superintendent & Interim Principal
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
Full PDF Here >>
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. VIP is here to help you! Click here for more info Haga clic aquí para información
Parents, please review this letter that was mailed out recently. It contains information regarding your student and upcoming events. Padres, por favor revisen esta carta que se envió recientemente. Contiene información sobre su estudiante y los próximos eventos.
Families, please take a look here at this list of updated resources for immigrant families, rental assistance, food distribution, and more! Familias, echenle un vistazo aqui a esta lista de recursos actualizados para familias inmigrantes, asistencia de alquiler, distribución de alimentos y más!
We invite you to take a tour of our updated webpage now here with Virtual Expanded Learning Programs: Lessons/Activities, Learning Supports, Reading Corner, and Virtual Field Trips. Los invitamos a que visiten nuestra página web actualizada ahora aqui con Programas Virtuales De Aprendizaje Expandido: Lecciones/Actividades, Apoyos de Aprendizaje, Rincón de Lectura y Excursiones Virtuales.
Our school will host a virtual graduation to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of our seniors. This will be a pre-recorded event and graduates will be recognized during the graduation. The ceremony will take place on Thursday, June 11th, 2020 at 5pm through our school website. Let your friends and family know. Thank you!…
With support from the U.S. Dept. of Education, UC Santa Barbara is offering an online course to help students focus their minds, reduce their stress, and manage their emotions. Daily lessons are about 10-12 minutes and the course teaches students how to train their attention to relate more effectively to their thoughts and emotions. In…
Families with children who get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits do not need to apply. Most will get their P-EBT card in the mail during the month of May. P-EBT cards will begin arriving around May 12, 2020.
Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do not get their P-EBT card in the mail by about May 22, 2020 must apply online before June 30, 2020. The online application will be available beginning May 22, 2020 at ca.p-ebt.org.
Latest Updates from ODLHA
- New Principal Robert Pambello Leads ODLHÁ during First Year Back in PersonLeading a school can be a challenging task, but reopening a school for in-person instruction as a new principal is one to remember. This past fall, veteran educator Robert Pambello took the helm and helped Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo Charter High School in Los Angeles’ Boyle Heights neighborhood reopen for full, in-person instruction. Pambello—who has served as a teacher, principal, and ... read more
- Cómo construir oportunidades: Cómo colaboran nuestras escuelas secundarias y preparatorias en el lado Este de LATres millas. Dos escuelas. Una meta. Durante los últimos siete años, la Escuela Secundaria Chárter Ánimo Ellen Ochoa (AEO) y la Escuela Preparatoria Chárter Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo (ODLHA) han trabajado conjuntamente para cerrar las brechas de oportunidad en el Este de Los Ángeles y en Boyle Heights. Ubicadas a aproximadamente tres millas de distancia, estas dos escuelas han ayudado a ... read more
- Building Opportunity: How our middle and high schools on LA’s Eastside CollaborateThree miles. Two schools. One goal. For the last seven years, Ánimo Ellen Ochoa Charter Middle School (AEO) and Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo Charter High School (ODLHA) have worked in tandem to help close opportunity gaps for students in East Los Angeles and Boyle Heights. Located roughly three miles apart, these two schools have helped thousands of students excel academically and ... read more
- ¿Clases Universitarias a La Edad De 12 Años? Cómo Está Aeo Dando a Los Alumnos Un Empujón Hacia La UniversidadRead in English En la Escuela Secundaria Chárter Ánimo Ellen Ochoa (AEO), el camino hacia la universidad inicia temprano. A través de una asociación de inscripción dual con la Universidad del Este de Los Ángeles (East Los Angeles College, ELAC), AEO está ayudando a los alumnos a crear una trayectoria hacia el éxito que incluye tomar ... read more
- 16 Years Strong: Green Dot Holds Annual Mock Interviews, VirtuallyIt’s not too often you find high school students interviewing with industry professionals from organizations like The Los Angeles Rams, Netflix, Hensel Phelps, Snapchat, FedEx, Lionsgate Entertainment, and Dell. For 16 years, this annual event has helped Green Dot students build comfort with the interview process and receive real-world practice translating their experiences into marketable skills with professional volunteers. This year Green ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Rank in U.S. News & World Report’s Best High Schools for 2021For over 20 years, our schools have led the charge in transforming public education, and have forged new pathways for success for all students. This year, U.S. News & World Report has ranked nine Green Dot Public Schools among the best in the nation in its 2021 Best High School Rankings. Each of these schools was recognized for their relentless commitment to ... read more