A Message from our Principal
Welcome to Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy!
In 2008, Green Dot Public Schools joined with teachers, parents and the community to transform Alain LeRoy Locke High School, one of the most persistently low-achieving schools in California, and split it into several small, safe, personalized learning academies. Today, the Locke Family consists of two Academies, one serving 9th-10 graders and the other serving 11th-12th grades.
In addition to a rigorous college-prep curriculum, Locke students have the opportunity to play on athletics teams or in our world-class band. Students also have access to innovative science and technology programming. We want our students to cultivate skills and qualities that prepare them for success in college and life beyond.
Our students grow into leaders who are ready to achieve. We believe it's up to us to provide the kind of high quality, public education that can get them where they need to go.
Student success isn't a destination --it's a journey that begins as soon as a student walks through the doors of Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy. When you join the Locke Family, you become part of a 50+ year tradition of high quality public education. Once a Saint, always a Saint.
Dr. Peggy Gutierrez
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
Latest Updates from Locke
- Sports Roundup: Green Dot Teams Rank No. 1 Across L.A.At Green Dot’s 20 schools across Los Angeles, coaches and school staff have embedded an investment in education within our athletics programs, helping students become sound in both mind and body. From Watts to South LA, our student athletes have much to be proud of from the past fall sports season.... read more
- How African American Students are Closing Achievement GapsBy Tim Ojetunde, School Culture Specialist and Green Dot Alumnus Tim serves as the leader of Green Dot’s African American Achievement Committee, a group of teachers, classified employees, administrators, and members of Green Dot’s School Culture Team and Education Team. Together they ensure that our organizational decision making and school policies are conscious of African American students’ ... read more
- Locke Receives 2019 Charter School of the Year AwardToday, Alain Leroy Locke College Preparatory Academy, the former Locke High School and Green Dot’s first turnaround school, was named Charter School of the Year by the California Charter Schools Association at their annual conference. Locke is being recognized for helping to increase student achievement and academic performance as part of the charter public school movement in ... read more
- L.A. Times: Locke Girls’ Soccer Team Has the Help of Two Coach-CopsPhoto courtesy of the L.A. Times Said Martinez: “I think the initial experience was a little standoffish. Like we had another agenda. We went to several other schools, but the reason we picked Locke was the coach had a high standard. We wanted something more than sports but use it as a mentoring tool to help them move on.” ... read more
- Green Dot Joins Thousands of Parents to Rally Ahead of Charter MoratoriumYesterday hundreds of parents and students from Green Dot Public Schools joined thousands more from across the city to demand that Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) board members vote “no” on a resolution to call for a statewide moratorium on authorizing new charter schools. Although the school board was ultimately not responsive to the cries of those parents and passed the resolution 5-1, we will not ... read more
- ‘Not My Parents’ Locke’: Reflections from a Current Locke Student
- How African American Students are Closing Achievement Gaps