Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model and afternoon learning model for select grades. Hybrid Learning Model >> ; Distance Learning Bell Schedule >> ; Afternoon Support Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
A Message from our Principal
Welcome to Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy!
In 2008, Green Dot Public Schools joined with teachers, parents and the community to transform Alain LeRoy Locke High School, one of the most persistently low-achieving schools in California, and split it into several small, safe, personalized learning academies. Today, the Locke Family consists of two Academies, one serving 9th-10 graders and the other serving 11th-12th grades.
In addition to a rigorous college-prep curriculum, Locke students have the opportunity to play on athletics teams or in our world-class band. Students also have access to innovative science and technology programming. We want our students to cultivate skills and qualities that prepare them for success in college and life beyond.
Our students grow into leaders who are ready to achieve. We believe it's up to us to provide the kind of high quality, public education that can get them where they need to go.
Student success isn't a destination --it's a journey that begins as soon as a student walks through the doors of Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy. When you join the Locke Family, you become part of a 50+ year tradition of high quality public education. Once a Saint, always a Saint.
Dr. Peggy Gutierrez
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
Locke families, If your son/daughter has Mr. Salazar this is important information you won’t want to miss! Winter break APEX hours. Check out he flyer with dates and join us via zoom. Zoom link: HTTPS://TINYURL.COM/WINTERAPEX Familias de Locke, si su hijo/a tiene al Sr. Salazar, esta es una información importante que no querrá perderse. Horas…
Missed the Student/Family Information Session on Friday night? No problem – play back the video to get caught up. (Notes: you have to type the password in, cut/paste will not work. The video is just over 70 minutes. The link takes you to two videos. You want the second one so hit the forward button…
Congratulations to the Class of 2018! Check out photos from our commencement ceremony here.
We can’t wait to welcome back our students to campus! There are still spots open in next year’s class! Learn more and enroll here.
Latest Updates from Locke
- ‘Mother.’ by Keiry ValleThis piece tied first for middle school writing submissions in the 2021 Ánimo Voices Writing and Art Competition, which invited students to express the reality of the challenges they or others face and/or how they or others find hope through difficult times. The competition is an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. ... read more
- Our Math Teachers Share Their Favorite Distance Learning ToolsWhen school districts around the nation shifted to distance learning, we had to reimagine our learning environments. Our school leadership teams and curriculum specialists collaborated with our teachers to develop innovative practices and approaches to support students in achieving subject mastery. In a remote learning environment. And as a network, we’ve made a swift commitment to ... read more
- How This Student Jumped Math LevelsNearly four years ago, when Keiry Valle began attending Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy, she was struggling academically. During her freshman year, Valle needed supplemental math support and English language-learner courses. Now in her senior year, she’s top of her class, applying to top tier universities, and is set to become the first person in her family to attend college. How ... read more
- Why Can’t We Read Things Like This for Class?
- Graduation 2020: A resilient generationI think I’ve rewritten this speech about a dozen times mostly because I wanted every word to mean something. I didn't just want to write a speech that was for me. I wanted to write a speech that embodied us, the class of 2020. So without further ado here is “My Best Attempt (version 14).” I spent the last couple of ... read more
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020Though graduations and commencements look different than years prior, the achievement remains the same-- the hard work, challenging times, and sacrifices were all worth it. Join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our culminating and graduating classes of 2020 this week. The post Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020 appeared first on Updates ... read more