to the Class of 2020!
Thursday, June 11, 2020, at 6pm
A Message from our Principal
Welcome to Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy!
In 2008, Green Dot Public Schools joined with teachers, parents and the community to transform Alain LeRoy Locke High School, one of the most persistently low-achieving schools in California, and split it into several small, safe, personalized learning academies. Today, the Locke Family consists of two Academies, one serving 9th-10 graders and the other serving 11th-12th grades.
In addition to a rigorous college-prep curriculum, Locke students have the opportunity to play on athletics teams or in our world-class band. Students also have access to innovative science and technology programming. We want our students to cultivate skills and qualities that prepare them for success in college and life beyond.
Our students grow into leaders who are ready to achieve. We believe it's up to us to provide the kind of high quality, public education that can get them where they need to go.
Student success isn't a destination --it's a journey that begins as soon as a student walks through the doors of Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy. When you join the Locke Family, you become part of a 50+ year tradition of high quality public education. Once a Saint, always a Saint.
Dr. Peggy Gutierrez
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
Latest Updates from Locke
- Graduation 2020: A resilient generationI think I’ve rewritten this speech about a dozen times mostly because I wanted every word to mean something. I didn't just want to write a speech that was for me. I wanted to write a speech that embodied us, the class of 2020. So without further ado here is “My Best Attempt (version 14).” ... read more
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020Though graduations and commencements look different than years prior, the achievement remains the same-- the hard work, challenging times, and sacrifices were all worth it. Join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our culminating and graduating classes of 2020 this week. The post Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class ... read more
- Art: ‘Robbed and Recreated’ by Dorian GraysonThis piece placed third for high school art submissions in the Ánimo Voices Writing and Art Competition, which invited students to consider a change they’d like to see in their community or the world and to convince an audience, through any genre of writing or visual medium, of the importance of this change. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student ... read more
- Writing: ‘Your Language’ by Maria JaramilloThis piece placed second for high school writing submissions in the Ánimo Voices Writing and Art Competition, which invited students to consider a change they’d like to see in their community or the world and to convince an audience, through any genre of writing or visual medium, of the importance of this change. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student ... read more
- All Means All: Locke Students Promote Inclusion Through BasketballOn a crisp December morning, a group of Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory High School students arrived at Mayfair High School and were welcomed by a zealous row of parents, students, faculty, and staff. Eager but nervous, Locke students hurried to the gym for a Special Olympics Unified Sports game of basketball, an inclusive activity where students ... read more
- LA Rams Award Green Dot Coaches with $2,000Ánimo Jackie Robinson Charter High School’s 40-student football team has won three CIF Los Angeles 8-Man Division Football Championships consecutively. Photo Credit: LACIFS/Twitter
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020