Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model and afternoon learning model for select grades. Hybrid Learning Model >> ; Distance Learning Bell Schedule >>; Afternoon Support Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Lennox neighborhood of Inglewood, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Family,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year! Although we cannot be together in person, we are all very excited to welcome your child(ren) to our school virtually. I know there are so many uncertainties and challenges during this pandemic, but I want to ensure you that your child’s well-being, health, safety and care are of our upmost concern. Now more than ever before, every staff member has been working very hard to prepare our students for college, leadership, and life. We are doing our best to make learning meaningful and engaging and have made plans to provide support so that every student at Ánimo can be successful this school year.
The safety, emotional and academic success of all students are the main goals of every staff member at Ánimo Leadership. We believe that every student can learn to the highest level and we are prepared to offer the supports to ensure student success. We ask for your support and participation in this effort by encouraging your child to log into school every day, encouraging your son or daughter to read and do math every day at home. Please monitor their sleeping time, homework completion, and ask your child to share about their day. We are proud to offer both breakfast and lunch this year– please help remind students to eat to fuel their brains.
We will continue our work with parent engagement this year and will host virtual parent meetings with a variety of topics. We also will continue our parent education. Please get involved and participate and I can assure you will find some value in learning more about supporting our students.
If you wish to speak with your child’s teachers, counselor, or any of the admin team, please make an appointment via phone or email this year we will focus on parent outreach. If you need to come on campus all visitors must make an appointment with the main office for a pass whenever they are visiting the school. We want to ensure social distancing and masks are used at all time. Please follow us on our social media platforms and school website for the latest announcements and reminders.
I look forward to “seeing” you at our parent meetings. If you have any concerns or questions – please reach out! We consider our parents to be an incredibly important part of our school’s success. Thank you for all that you do for your children and our school.
School Website: ca.greendot.org/leadership
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Take the California Healthy Kids Survey
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational excellence — Ánimo Pat Brown…
Check out this web resource: Jobs For Teens Headquarters The Jobs For Teens Headquarters website is dedicated to helping teens find jobs. Getting a job is tough, but getting a job when you have little or no experience makes it even tougher. We’re working to change that. Jobs For Teens offers information on jobs for…
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Leadership
- Ánimo Leadership Senior is awarded Rams’ Kenny Washington Memorial ScholarshipJose Velazquez, a recent graduate of Ánimo Leadership, will be able to pursue higher education in Computer Sciences after being awarded the Kenny Washington Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by the Los Angeles Rams and the Fulfillment Fund. Velazquez was elated when the team reached out to him to let him know the news, which will help him attend El Camino Community College. “I ... read more
- Soccer Roster Blossoms in 2022 for Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership’s Joint TeamAt Green Dot Public Schools California, our schools work together to build new opportunities for our students. For over 10 years, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School and Ánimo Inglewood Charter High School have upheld a sports partnership that has extended opportunities to hundreds of high school students across Lennox and Inglewood. Through this partnership, our schools established a joint girls’ soccer team, ... read more
- Ánimo Leadership Resumes In-Person Giving Tree EventFor the last seven years, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School’s Associated Student Body (ASB) and Advisory courses have collaborated with a nearby elementary school to brighten the holiday season of local families in need. While this holiday tradition demonstrates the goodwill of the Ánimo Leadership learning community, it’s also illustrative of their tenacity that has kept the program afloat through the COVID-19 ... read more
- 5 Green Dot Students Take Part in Prestigious Summer Youth Fellows ProgramAt Green Dot, we encourage and prepare our students to participate in summer opportunities to help them explore new interests, prepare for college, and develop key life skills. This summer, five Green Dot students took part in the Coro Southern California Youth Fellows Program, a six-week internship designed to help students hone their leadership, communication, and analytical skills. Overall, twenty-five students across ... read more
- 16 Years Strong: Green Dot Holds Annual Mock Interviews, VirtuallyIt’s not too often you find high school students interviewing with industry professionals from organizations like The Los Angeles Rams, Netflix, Hensel Phelps, Snapchat, FedEx, Lionsgate Entertainment, and Dell. For 16 years, this annual event has helped Green Dot students build comfort with the interview process and receive real-world practice translating their experiences into marketable skills with professional volunteers. This year Green ... read more