We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Lennox neighborhood of Inglewood, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Family,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We are very excited to have you and your children as part of the Ánimo Family. Every staff member has been working very hard to prepare our students for college, leadership, and life. We have set very high expectations and have made plans to provide support so that every student at Ánimo can be successful this school year.
The safety, emotional and academic success of all students are the main goals of every staff member at Ánimo Leadership. We believe that every student can learn to the highest level and we are prepared to offer the supports to ensure student success. We ask for your support and participation in this effort by sending your child to school every day, encouraging your son or daughter to read and do math every day at home. Please monitor their sleeping time, homework completion, and ask your child to share about their day. We are proud to offer both breakfast and lunch this year – please help remind students to eat to fuel their brains.
If you wish to speak with your child’s teacher or counselor, please make an appointment via phone or email. All visitors must stop by the main office for a pass whenever they are visiting the school. If you are dropping off an item to your child, please bring the item directly to the main office. We are unable to make deliveries to class unless it is urgent. We will send items during passing periods or lunch.
Traffic and safety issues continue to be an area of concern for our families. Please drive safely around our campus, obey all traffic laws, and watch for pedestrians. We require all students to use the cross walks and to be mindful of using their phones while they are crossing the street. Additionally, students should refrain from standing outside of the market before and after school.
I look forward to seeing you on campus. If you have any concerns or questions – please reach out! We consider our parents to be an incredibly important part of our school’s success. Thank you for all that you do for your children and our school.
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational excellence — Ánimo Pat Brown…
Check out this web resource: Jobs For Teens Headquarters The Jobs For Teens Headquarters website is dedicated to helping teens find jobs. Getting a job is tough, but getting a job when you have little or no experience makes it even tougher. We’re working to change that. Jobs For Teens offers information on jobs for…
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Leadership
- Green Dot Students Inspire Community GivingDuring the month of December, a child might mistake the Associated Student Body (ASB) meeting room at Ánimo Leadership Charter High School with Santa’s workshop. Inside the meeting space, you’ll meet a sea of smiling faces, some arranged in neat lines organizing toys, clothes, and shoes, while others enclose ... read more
- Sandra Estrada: My Road to CollegeIf the road to college begins in the classroom, where does it lead? Well, to college, clearly, but we don’t promote college for college’s sake. Ninety percent of children in the nation’s lowest earning families escape the poverty of their youth with a college diploma in hand. At that point, the road from college leads anywhere and ... read more
- Why This Alumna Became a Counselor at Her Alma Mater“When I became a counselor many of my friends and even family members would ask me, ‘Do you have a couch where you ask students how they're doing while you scribble notes in a notepad?’” chuckled Stacie Cruz, a counselor at Ánimo Leadership Charter High School. As an educator at Green Dot, Cruz support students in a ... read more
- Second Annual Ánimo Cup Soccer Tournament Turns Out Two School WinnersThis spring, Green Dot middle school and high school students competed in the second annual Ánimo Cup, an intramural soccer tournament for teams in our network. In the middle school division, Ánimo Ellen Ochoa Charter Middle School (AEO) won against Ánimo Phillis Wheatley Charter Middle School with a score of 2-0 to place first in the middle school ... read more
- How a Student Group Helped Promote a More Inclusive School Environment“The reaction when you hear the word ‘gay’ on this campus is not the same as it once was. What was once pervasive is no longer,” recalled Sarah Ducker, English teacher at Ánimo Leadership Charter High School (LEA). Ducker credits this change to the students in Ánimo Leadership’s Stonewall Alliance, a student led group committed to cultivating ... read more
2018 Graduation Photos
2017 Graduation Photos
- Sandra Estrada: My Road to College