We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Our schools will continue distance learning through December, 2020. Learn more >>
Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas continuarán el aprendizaje a distancia hasta el final de diciembre del 2020. Aprende más >>
We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Lennox neighborhood of Inglewood, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Family,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year! Although we cannot be together in person, we are all very excited to welcome your child(ren) to our school virtually. I know there are so many uncertainties and challenges during this pandemic, but I want to ensure you that your child’s well-being, health, safety and care are of our upmost concern. Now more than ever before, every staff member has been working very hard to prepare our students for college, leadership, and life. We are doing our best to make learning meaningful and engaging and have made plans to provide support so that every student at Ánimo can be successful this school year.
The safety, emotional and academic success of all students are the main goals of every staff member at Ánimo Leadership. We believe that every student can learn to the highest level and we are prepared to offer the supports to ensure student success. We ask for your support and participation in this effort by encouraging your child to log into school every day, encouraging your son or daughter to read and do math every day at home. Please monitor their sleeping time, homework completion, and ask your child to share about their day. We are proud to offer both breakfast and lunch this year– please help remind students to eat to fuel their brains.
We will continue our work with parent engagement this year and will host virtual parent meetings with a variety of topics. We also will continue our parent education. Please get involved and participate and I can assure you will find some value in learning more about supporting our students.
If you wish to speak with your child’s teachers, counselor, or any of the admin team, please make an appointment via phone or email this year we will focus on parent outreach. If you need to come on campus all visitors must make an appointment with the main office for a pass whenever they are visiting the school. We want to ensure social distancing and masks are used at all time. Please follow us on our social media platforms and school website for the latest announcements and reminders.
I look forward to “seeing” you at our parent meetings. If you have any concerns or questions – please reach out! We consider our parents to be an incredibly important part of our school’s success. Thank you for all that you do for your children and our school.
School Website: ca.greendot.org/leadership
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational excellence — Ánimo Pat Brown…
Check out this web resource: Jobs For Teens Headquarters The Jobs For Teens Headquarters website is dedicated to helping teens find jobs. Getting a job is tough, but getting a job when you have little or no experience makes it even tougher. We’re working to change that. Jobs For Teens offers information on jobs for…
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Leadership
- What Does “Ánimo” Mean?Of Green Dot’s 19 schools, nearly all have the word Ánimo in their name. What does ánimo mean? And why is it so important to Green Dot? Ánimo is a Spanish word that means “encouragement”. It’s not easily translatable. It implies the act of reassuring, inspiring, or cheering someone on to overcome a challenge. Broadly, it means “Don’t give up! You can do it!” But like any complex word, ánimo has more nuanced meanings, too. It denotes courage and persistence. ... read more
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020Though graduations and commencements look different than years prior, the achievement remains the same-- the hard work, challenging times, and sacrifices were all worth it. Join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our culminating and graduating classes of 2020 this week. The post Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class ... read more
- National Charter Schools Week: Bright Spots and JoyThis week, we’re taking the time to reflect on the resiliency of our schools and their ability to support educators, families and students overcome all obstacles. Nationwide, a movement to help provide high quality public education to every child in their ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Ranked Best in the U.S.Nine Green Dot Public Schools rank among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best High School Rankings. Most notably, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School is ranked in the top 1% of high schools in the nation, as well as the best high school in its district. Ánimo Inglewood, Ánimo Pat ... read more
- Helping Students See a Clear Vision For The FutureIn the United States, an overwhelming number of students need glasses, but lack adequate access to vision care. The American Optometric Association says that 25 percent of school aged children have undiagnosed vision problems. To confront this unaddressed barrier to student learning, last year over 300 Green Dot students received free comprehensive eye examinations and eyeglasses. This year, ... read more
2020 Graduation Photos
- National Charter Schools Week: Bright Spots and Joy