We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Lennox neighborhood of Inglewood, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Leadership Families,
I am pleased to be serving as the principal of Ánimo Leadership Charter High School. I am thrilled to serve our community in this capacity and to continue the great work of all of the past and present teachers and leaders here at Ánimo. I have been a member of the Green Dot and Ánimo community since 2007, when I joined the staff of Ánimo Pat Brown as an English, ESL and History teacher. I taught a variety of classes at all grade levels for eight years, before becoming an assistant principal for Ánimo Leadership six years ago.
In my second year as the principal, the mission and focus of Ánimo Leadership will remain the same. We will continue to operate a safe campus and provide rigorous instruction to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college, leadership, and life. Year after year, our students continue to raise the bar for academic achievement. I look forward to continuing to share in your pride of their successes.
I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with many of you, the parents and families of Ánimo, over the past five years. I look forward to getting to know even more of you in the future. Please join me at any of the upcoming parent events at school. I look forward to hearing about your hopes and needs for our students and community.
Catherine Perez-Morales, Principal
Estimadas familias de Ánimo Leadership,
Tengo el placer de servir como directora de Ánimo Leadership Charter High School. Estoy encantada de servir a nuestra comunidad en una capacidad mayor y de continuar el gran trabajo de todos los maestros y líderes del pasado y del presente en Ánimo. He sido miembro de la comunidad Green Dot y Ánimo desde 2007, cuando me uní la escuela de Ánimo Pat Brown como maestra de inglés, ESL e historia. He enseñado una variedad de clases en todos los grados por ocho años, antes de convertirme en subdirectora para Ánimo Leadership hace seis años.
En mi segundo año como directora, la misión y el enfoque de Ánimo Leadership seguirá siendo lo mismo. Continuaremos operando una escuela segura con instrucción rigurosa para asegurar que todos nuestros estudiantes estén preparados para el colegio, liderazgo y vida. Año tras año, nuestros estudiantes continúan elevando la barra de logros académicos. Espero seguir participando en su orgullo de sus éxitos.
He disfrutado de conocer y hablar con muchos de ustedes, los padres y las familias de Ánimo, durante los últimos cinco años. Espero conocer a aún más de ustedes en el futuro. Por favor, vengan a los próximos eventos para padres en la escuela conmigo. Espero escuchar sus esperanzas y necesidades para nuestros estudiantes y para nuestra comunidad.
Catherine Perez-Morales, directora
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational excellence — Ánimo Pat Brown…
Check out this web resource: Jobs For Teens Headquarters The Jobs For Teens Headquarters website is dedicated to helping teens find jobs. Getting a job is tough, but getting a job when you have little or no experience makes it even tougher. We’re working to change that. Jobs For Teens offers information on jobs for…
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Leadership
- Why You Can’t Just Teach Language With WorksheetsIn Gabriel Borlant-Guertler’s Spanish class, you won't find students memorizing endless vocabulary lists or working on monotonous grammar exercises. “My focus has been to have the students look at Spanish as a tool, an advantage, and an academic subject, instead of a class they have to take for a grade or a language they only speak at home with their families,” said Borlant-Guertler, ... read more
- Five Green Dot Schools Up For Renewal Are All Re-authorizedSeveral schools across South LA were renewed this week, helping keep more high quality public options for these historically underserved neighborhoods. Green Dot Public Schools’ network of secondary schools in California had five schools under scrutiny this week--and all five were renewed! In a unanimous vote of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Board of Education, Ánimo Venice Charter High School, Ánimo ... read more
- An Alumna’s Perspective on Green Dot’s Summer Institute for Business & Leadership for Women of ColorBy: Jacqueline Xiomara Murillo, alumna of Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School Being a part of Green Dot’s Summer Institute for Business and Leadership (SIBL) was a life changing experience. When I learned about the opportunity to work with Green Dot over the summer, I thought it would be a great opportunity, but ... read more
- Green Dot Students Advocate for After School Programs in SacramentoBefore ending the school year, students from Oscar De La Hoya Ánimo Charter High School, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School, and Ánimo Jackie Robinson Charter High School headed to Sacramento to advocate on behalf of after school programs. Each of these student’s participation in after school programs motivated them to join the California Afterschool & Summer Challenge (CalSAC), ... read more
- Check Out the Smiles of the Class of 2018Green Dot is proud to celebrate the Class of 2018! This year marked a number of milestones for our schools, and as we reflect on the school year, it’s clear how much there is to celebrate. At our founding school, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School, 100% of seniors graduated, and 99% of ... read more