We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Lennox neighborhood of Inglewood, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Family,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We are very excited to have you and your children as part of the Ánimo Family. Every staff member has been working very hard to prepare our students for college, leadership, and life. We have set very high expectations and have made plans to provide support so that every student at Ánimo can be successful this school year.
The safety, emotional and academic success of all students are the main goals of every staff member at Ánimo Leadership. We believe that every student can learn to the highest level and we are prepared to offer the supports to ensure student success. We ask for your support and participation in this effort by sending your child to school every day, encouraging your son or daughter to read and do math every day at home. Please monitor their sleeping time, homework completion, and ask your child to share about their day. We are proud to offer both breakfast and lunch this year – please help remind students to eat to fuel their brains.
If you wish to speak with your child’s teacher or counselor, please make an appointment via phone or email. All visitors must stop by the main office for a pass whenever they are visiting the school. If you are dropping off an item to your child, please bring the item directly to the main office. We are unable to make deliveries to class unless it is urgent. We will send items during passing periods or lunch.
Traffic and safety issues continue to be an area of concern for our families. Please drive safely around our campus, obey all traffic laws, and watch for pedestrians. We require all students to use the cross walks and to be mindful of using their phones while they are crossing the street. Additionally, students should refrain from standing outside of the market before and after school.
I look forward to seeing you on campus. If you have any concerns or questions – please reach out! We consider our parents to be an incredibly important part of our school’s success. Thank you for all that you do for your children and our school.
Estimada familia de Ánimo Leadership,
¡Bienvenidos al año escolar 2019-2020! Estamos muy emocionados de tenerles a ustedes y a sus hijos como parte de la familia de la escuela Ánimo. El personal de la escuela ha estado trabajando mucho para preparase para el regreso de nuestros maravillosos estudiantes para el colegio, el liderazgo y la vida. Hemos establecido metas bastante altas. También, hemos hecho planes para apoyar a todos. Sabemos que cada uno de nuestros estudiantes pueden tener éxito este año escolar.
Mantener la seguridad, el bienestar emocional y el éxito académico de todos los estudiantes son los objetivos principales de Ánimo. Creemos que todos los estudiantes pueden aprender al máximo nivel y estamos preparados para ofrecerles el apoyo que necesitan. Les pedimos su apoyo y participación con lo siguiente: mandar a sus hijos a la escuela todos los días, asegurarse de que lean y hagan problemas de matemáticas por lo menos 30 minutos en casa, estar pendientes de que duerman y descansen lo suficiente, revisar las tareas y preguntarles lo que aprendieron en la escuela todos los días.
Si Ud. desea hablar con los maestros o el consejero/la consejera de su hijo(a), haga una cita por teléfono o por correo electrónico. Todos los visitantes deben pasar por la oficina principal para un pase cada vez que visitan la escuela. Si Ud. está trayendo algo a su hijo(a), entréguelo directamente a la oficina principal. No haremos entregas a clase, a menos que sea urgente. Enviaremos los artículos durante los períodos de transición o durante almuerzo.
Los problemas de tráfico y seguridad continúan siendo un área de preocupación para nuestras familias. Por favor conduzca de manera segura por nuestra escuela, obedezca todas las leyes de tránsito y tenga cuidado con los peatones. Requerimos que todos los estudiantes usen las caminatas cruzadas y sean conscientes del uso de sus teléfonos mientras cruzan la calle. Además, los estudiantes deben abstenerse de permanecer fuera de la tienda antes y después de la escuela.
Espero verlos en nuestras reuniones de padres, nuestras conferencias y Noche de Regreso a Clases. Si tiene alguna pregunta o inquietud, comuníquese con nosotros. Consideramos que nuestros padres son una parte increíblemente importante del éxito de nuestra escuela. Gracias por todo lo que hace para sus hijos y nuestra escuela.
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational excellence — Ánimo Pat Brown…
Check out this web resource: Jobs For Teens Headquarters The Jobs For Teens Headquarters website is dedicated to helping teens find jobs. Getting a job is tough, but getting a job when you have little or no experience makes it even tougher. We’re working to change that. Jobs For Teens offers information on jobs for…
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Leadership
- Why This Alumna Became a Counselor at Her Alma Mater“When I became a counselor many of my friends and even family members would ask me, ‘Do you have a couch where you ask students how they're doing while you scribble notes in a notepad?’” chuckled Stacie Cruz, a counselor at Ánimo Leadership Charter High School. As an educator at Green Dot, Cruz support students in a ... read more
- Second Annual Ánimo Cup Soccer Tournament Turns Out Two School WinnersThis spring, Green Dot middle school and high school students competed in the second annual Ánimo Cup, an intramural soccer tournament for teams in our network. In the middle school division, Ánimo Ellen Ochoa Charter Middle School (AEO) won against Ánimo Phillis Wheatley Charter Middle School with a score of 2-0 to place first in the middle school ... read more
- How a Student Group Helped Promote a More Inclusive School Environment“The reaction when you hear the word ‘gay’ on this campus is not the same as it once was. What was once pervasive is no longer,” recalled Sarah Ducker, English teacher at Ánimo Leadership Charter High School (LEA). Ducker credits this change to the students in Ánimo Leadership’s Stonewall Alliance, a student led group committed to cultivating ... read more
- Four Green Dot High Schools Named Top Los Angeles Public Schools for Underserved StudentsIn an effort to highlight Los Angeles schools successfully serving African American and Latino students in historically underserved communities, a report issued by Innovate Public Schools and USC provides a glimpse into the best institutions for closing achievement gaps. Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School, Ánimo Jackie Robinson Charter High School, Ánimo Inglewood Charter High School, and ... read more
- Why We Celebrate Our Teachers Every dayMagical, awe-inspiring, caring, dedicated, and motivating-- these are just a few words that describe Green Dot teachers. Today, we thank Green Dot educators for their unwavering belief in the potential of all students. They are true believers in and on the frontlines of our mission to prepare all students for college, leadership, and life. We are proud ... read more
2018 Graduation Photos
2017 Graduation Photos
- Second Annual Ánimo Cup Soccer Tournament Turns Out Two School Winners