We're providing learning & devices for every student. Schools begin with distance learning on August 12. // Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas comienzan con aprendizaje a distancia el 12 de agosto.
We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in the Lennox neighborhood of Inglewood, California. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Ánimo Family,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We are very excited to have you and your children as part of the Ánimo Family. Every staff member has been working very hard to prepare our students for college, leadership, and life. We have set very high expectations and have made plans to provide support so that every student at Ánimo can be successful this school year.
The safety, emotional and academic success of all students are the main goals of every staff member at Ánimo Leadership. We believe that every student can learn to the highest level and we are prepared to offer the supports to ensure student success. We ask for your support and participation in this effort by sending your child to school every day, encouraging your son or daughter to read and do math every day at home. Please monitor their sleeping time, homework completion, and ask your child to share about their day. We are proud to offer both breakfast and lunch this year – please help remind students to eat to fuel their brains.
If you wish to speak with your child’s teacher or counselor, please make an appointment via phone or email. All visitors must stop by the main office for a pass whenever they are visiting the school. If you are dropping off an item to your child, please bring the item directly to the main office. We are unable to make deliveries to class unless it is urgent. We will send items during passing periods or lunch.
Traffic and safety issues continue to be an area of concern for our families. Please drive safely around our campus, obey all traffic laws, and watch for pedestrians. We require all students to use the cross walks and to be mindful of using their phones while they are crossing the street. Additionally, students should refrain from standing outside of the market before and after school.
I look forward to seeing you on campus. If you have any concerns or questions – please reach out! We consider our parents to be an incredibly important part of our school’s success. Thank you for all that you do for your children and our school.
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational excellence — Ánimo Pat Brown…
Check out this web resource: Jobs For Teens Headquarters The Jobs For Teens Headquarters website is dedicated to helping teens find jobs. Getting a job is tough, but getting a job when you have little or no experience makes it even tougher. We’re working to change that. Jobs For Teens offers information on jobs for…
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week…
Latest Updates from Ánimo Leadership
- Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class of 2020Though graduations and commencements look different than years prior, the achievement remains the same-- the hard work, challenging times, and sacrifices were all worth it. Join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our culminating and graduating classes of 2020 this week. The post Green Dot Counselors’ Message to the Class ... read more
- National Charter Schools Week: Bright Spots and JoyThis week, we’re taking the time to reflect on the resiliency of our schools and their ability to support educators, families and students overcome all obstacles. Nationwide, a movement to help provide high quality public education to every child in their ... read more
- Nine Green Dot High Schools Ranked Best in the U.S.Nine Green Dot Public Schools rank among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best High School Rankings. Most notably, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School is ranked in the top 1% of high schools in the nation, as well as the best high school in its district. Ánimo Inglewood, Ánimo Pat ... read more
- Helping Students See a Clear Vision For The FutureIn the United States, an overwhelming number of students need glasses, but lack adequate access to vision care. The American Optometric Association says that 25 percent of school aged children have undiagnosed vision problems. To confront this unaddressed barrier to student learning, last year over 300 Green Dot students received free comprehensive eye examinations and eyeglasses. This year, ... read more
- Green Dot Celebrates International Women’s Day10 Stories that highlight women’s excellence in education.
2018 Graduation Photos
2017 Graduation Photos
- National Charter Schools Week: Bright Spots and Joy