We're providing digital learning & devices for every student. Schools begin with distance learning on August 12. // Aprendizaje digital y dispositivos para cada estudiante. Nuestras escuelas comienzan con aprendizaje a distancia el 12 de agosto.
A Message from the Principal
Welcome to Ánimo Jefferson Charter Middle School! We are excited to provide an exceptional education to all students to prepare them for college, leadership, and life. Please make sure to visit the website weekly, as school events and updates will be made through this page. Go Bulldogs!!!
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings
Taiala Carvalho Regnier
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
Latest Updates from Ánimo Jefferson
- Creating Middle School Pathways to STEM CareersFor far too long, schools have left a large number of students from underserved communities without the advanced skills and knowledge necessary for their lives after high school. The National Science Foundation found that African Americans and Latinos combined only account for 11 percent of employment in Science and engineering careers. People of color are grossly underrepresented in ... read more
- Ten Green Dot Schools Win Student Growth Awards from CORE DistrictsLast week, several schools in the Green Dot Public Schools California network were announced as recipients of the CORE Districts’ Academic Growth Awards. These awards honor schools having the greatest impact on student achievement. Most notably, Ánimo Western Charter Middle School was recognized for three years of high impact growth in English Language Arts. According to CORE, ... read more
- How One Math Lesson Turned Into a Chess ClubThe courtyard at Ánimo Jefferson Charter Middle School bustles with laughter and the sounds of children as they crowd around each other at the lunch tables. Down the hall, the hollow thud of wooden chess pieces echoes in Luis Garcia’s math classroom as 20 students eagerly set up chess boards. Teachers never imagined that what started as an enrichment lesson would create such a ... read more
- Green Dot Joins Thousands of Parents to Rally Ahead of Charter MoratoriumYesterday hundreds of parents and students from Green Dot Public Schools joined thousands more from across the city to demand that Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) board members vote “no” on a resolution to call for a statewide moratorium on authorizing new charter schools. Although the school board was ultimately not responsive to the cries of those parents and passed the resolution, we will not give ... read more
- Writing: ‘The Man Who Dreams Big’ by Manuel ArguetaThis piece placed second for middle school submissions in the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. ... read more
- Ten Green Dot Schools Win Student Growth Awards from CORE Districts