A Message from the Principal
Welcome to Ánimo Jefferson Charter Middle School! We are excited to provide an exceptional education to all students to prepare them for college, leadership, and life. Please make sure to visit the website weekly, as school events and updates will be made through this page. Go Bulldogs!!!
Join us on campus for Coffee with the Principal meetings
Taiala Carvalho Regnier
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
Latest Updates from Ánimo Jefferson
- How One Math Lesson Turned Into a Chess ClubThe courtyard at Ánimo Jefferson Charter Middle School bustles with laughter and the sounds of children as they crowd around each other at the lunch tables. Down the hall, the hollow thud of wooden chess pieces echoes in Luis Garcia’s math classroom as 20 students eagerly set up chess boards. Teachers never imagined that what started as an enrichment lesson would create such a ... read more
- Green Dot Joins Thousands of Parents to Rally Ahead of Charter MoratoriumYesterday hundreds of parents and students from Green Dot Public Schools joined thousands more from across the city to demand that Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) board members vote “no” on a resolution to call for a statewide moratorium on authorizing new charter schools. Although the school board was ultimately not responsive to the cries of those parents and passed the resolution, we will not give ... read more
- Writing: ‘The Man Who Dreams Big’ by Manuel ArguetaThis piece placed second for middle school submissions in the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. ... read more
- Green Dot Student Writing and Art Competition Awards Scholarship to Winners!
- Green Dot Students Turn English Lessons into Modern DanceThe Heidi Duckler Dance Theater recently concluded a six-week residency program at Ánimo Jefferson Charter Middle School, where students learned how to interpret subject matter from their English class into contemporary dance. This November, students showcased their hard work in a recital for family and friends. Read More About Partnerships With Ánimo Jefferson ... read more