Our school is currently providing instruction through distance learning. We are also offering limited in-person instruction using a hybrid learning model for select grades. Distance Learning Bell Schedule >> ; Hybrid Learning Bell Schedule >>
Nuestra escuela actualmente brinda instrucción a distancia. También ofrecemos instrucción en persona utilizando un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido para el noveno grado. Modelo híbrido >> ; Aprendizaje a distancia>>
COVID Safety & Prevention Plan >>
- COVID-19 Written Operations Report >>
- Learning Continuity & Attendance Plan // Plan de Continuidad de Aprendizaje y Asistencia
A Message from our Principal, Chaleese Norman
Ánimo Compton is what school should be. At ACCS, our students grow. Your student will grow--your student will grow into a leader ready to go to college and achieve in life beyond school.
At Ánimo Compton, we focus on growth because no student is the same, and no student starts school from the same place, and it’s up to us to provide the kind of high quality education that can get them where they need to go.
Student success isn’t a destination — it’s a journey that begins as soon as a student walks through the doors of Ánimo Compton.
Our rigorous college-prep curriculum measures not just how high a student scores but how far they’ve come to achieve those scores. We want our students to cultivate skills and qualities that prepare them for success in college and life beyond, and focusing on student growth is the best way for us to accomplish this as educators.
Our Teachers Make The Difference. Every child’s path to success is unique and it’s up to us as educators to help your kid find his/hers. Our teachers don’t want to just get students into college and careers—they want them to thrive at every stage of life. Maintaining a focus on growth in every classroom practice and achievement assessment helps propel students to long-term success and prosperity.
Latest Updates from Ánimo Compton
Notices of Public Hearing
Notice of Public Hearing for the 2020-21 El Dorado Charter SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plans. A public hearing will take place at the CEO Council Meeting on May 21, 2020, via Zoom. Copies of the Annual Budget and Service Plans will be available at the SELPA office after May 21, 2020, and can be…
- Students and teachers work hand in hand forging their future at Ánimo ComptonAccess based models are part of the road to success at Ánimo Compton Charter School, where educators combine support in the learning process as well as guidance to elective classes which help students develop the love of learning. Teachers and staff at Ánimo Compton engage with students on both an educational and a ... read more
- Leadership, Entrepreneurship, STEM: 3 Green Dot Schools Launch New Academic PathwaysInnovation is the driving force behind the success of our schools, the effectiveness of our educators, and commitment to our mission. It is how we have helped thousands of students achieve success in college, leadership, and life. Now we’re using our expertise in creating transformative learning experiences to better engage students as active participants in learning 21st century skills. Three schools are ... read more
- Cómo equipó Ánimo Compton a esta alumna para tener dominio del idioma inglésRead in English Al crecer, Tabahta Salazar, de noveno grado, no siempre se sentía competente en Lengua y Literatura Inglesas. Clasificada como aprendiz de inglés, ella ingresó a la escuela varios niveles de grado por debajo de sus compañeros. Pero su trayectoria cambió cuando ella se inscribió en la clase inaugural de la Escuela Chárter Ánimo ... read more
- Green Dot Educators Share Excitement in Reopening this School YearFor the last two years, educators across the country have grappled with the safest way to serve our students during a world-wide pandemic. Across the network, Green Dot schools have provided families with devices to access live-instruction distance learning, hybrid, and in-person learning experiences, after school support, and alternatives to ensure every student receives a high-quality public school education. This fall, following ... read more
- Team Strong: Teaching and Leading at Ánimo ComptonAs a college student, life as a teacher had never crossed Anton Blakely’s mind. It was not until his senior year of college when he helped a close friend with a writing project that his passion for teaching ignited. “I love English, and teaching it seemed like the right thing to do. I never expected it to become my passion,” Blakely said. ... read more
Ánimo Compton Charter School
13305 San Pedro St
Los Angeles, CA 90061
Phone: (323) 565-4415