Fulfilling the Promise of Public Education
Our public education system was always meant to be the great equalizer in this country — the way by which all our children could pursue the bright future they deserve. Green Dot aims to deliver on this promise.
We believe schools make the different for students, and we see our work as critical to preparing the next generation of leaders to take on the challenges of our future. It is Green Dot’s promise to help every student grow into the leaders and change-makers of tomorrow.
A Message from our Principal, Chaleese Norman
Ánimo Compton is what school should be. At ACCS, our students grow. Your student will grow--your student will grow into a leader ready to go to college and achieve in life beyond school.
At Ánimo Compton, we focus on growth because no student is the same, and no student starts school from the same place, and it’s up to us to provide the kind of high quality education that can get them where they need to go.
Student success isn’t a destination — it’s a journey that begins as soon as a student walks through the doors of Ánimo Compton.
Our rigorous college-prep curriculum measures not just how high a student scores but how far they’ve come to achieve those scores. We want our students to cultivate skills and qualities that prepare them for success in college and life beyond, and focusing on student growth is the best way for us to accomplish this as educators.
Our Teachers Make The Difference. Every child’s path to success is unique and it’s up to us as educators to help your kid find his/hers. Our teachers don’t want to just get students into college and careers—they want them to thrive at every stage of life. Maintaining a focus on growth in every classroom practice and achievement assessment helps propel students to long-term success and prosperity.
News & Announcements
Latest Updates from Ánimo Compton
- Strong Leaders Take the Helm at Green Dot Schools Across the CountryAs we begin a new school year, Green Dot Public Schools is proud to introduce a number of new school leaders. While not all are new faces at their schools, they are all new to the helm. These educators will drive the direction of our schools, embody our mission to serve all students, and inspire their teachers, families and communities to commit to excellence ... read more
- New Year, New School! Doors are Open at Ánimo ComptonThis month, Green Dot’s newest school in California, Ánimo Compton Charter School opened its doors to smiling faces and eager minds at the Vanguard Learning Center in Compton. Ánimo Compton is Green Dot California’s first school to serve sixth through twelfth grade students. We’ve learned over the years that if we are able to serve students earlier in their lives, we ... read more
- Art: ‘Desmond Doss’ by Tania Avalos
- Kent Reporter–‘School Choice Isn’t Political – It’s Personal’
- Seven Green Dot High Schools Rank in U.S. News & World Report’s Best