Middle school students (grades 6 - 8) are required to participate in the educational and academic classes offered in the areas of English, Reading, Mathematics, Science, and Social Science. The Green Dot promotion policy ensures that each child is prepared to progress successfully through grade levels in order to prepare for success in high school, college, leadership and life.
- Attendance: In adherence with the Green Dot Attendance Policy, any student who misses more than 15 days in a semester may not earn promotion ceremony/activity privileges.
- Course Grades: Students who fail one or two courses per school year may be required to pass summer school to qualify for promotion.
The administration reserves the right to review special cases and allow consideration to be given.
Promotion Ceremony Participation Requirements
Paid All Debts
Student must be in good standing, according to discipline policy, and activity requirement. Please refer to discipline policy on page 13-22
Students may not have any Fs and must have a minimum GPA of 1.0
Green Dot’s uniform requirements are maintained and enforced to provide students with a safe and collegial environment aligned to Green Dot’s mission. Although each Green Dot school may modify school colors as needed for school safety, students must adhere to the requirements below at all times.
- Belts- If a belt is worn, only tan, brown, or black, a standard width, and properly worn at waist level. Belts may be webbed, braided or leather. Belts and belt buckles must not have logos, studs, chains, writings, or initials.
- Footwear- Only closed-toes dress shoes or tennis shoes. No house shoes, slippers, or sandals.
- Hair- Hair must be neat, clean, and fixed such that it does not hang in the student’s face. Beards and mustaches must be neatly trimmed.
- Headwear- No hats, bandanas, wave caps, sweatbands, or visors are allowed. Students may wear ribbons, rubber bands, barrettes, or headbands.
- Jackets/Coats/Sweatshirts- Must be all black without writing, initials, emblems, or logos of any kind except the school name. Logos bearing the school name are available for free for all students upon request in the school office. Students may not wear hoods in class.
- Pants/Shorts- Only trouser-style khaki pants/shorts. Sweatpants are not allowed. Trousers must be at least ankle length but not touching the ground. The trouser hem must not be frayed or ripped. It is not permissible to cut the leg seam. Shorts must reach the top of the knee in length. Pants/shorts must be worn at waist level and not at the hip.
- Shirts- Only collared shirts, preferably polo-style are to be worn. The only approved logo or name is the school name. Logos bearing the school name are available for free for all students upon request in the school office. Shirts must be tucked in at all times during school hours. When both hands are raised, the shirt must be long enough to remain tucked. All undershirts must be white, grey, or black, and must be worn under the shirt.
- Skirts/Skorts- Skirts/skorts must be khaki style, an appropriately fitted size, and fall just above the student’s kneecaps.
- Tights/Leggings- Only solid white or beige may be worn under skirts of the appropriate length.
- Sweaters- Only V-neck pullover, crew-neck pullover, or cardigan in solid black. All sweaters must be worn over a uniform shirt.
Violations of the above Uniform Requirements must not result suspension. Green Dot recommends that its schools follow these steps upon a violation:
- provide a loaner uniform, if available;
- notify parents; then
- a school-based consequence (students should only be removed from classroom for egregious violations).