A Message from the Principal
Ánimo Inglewood Charter High School is a charter high school located in Inglewood, California. Our charter was approved by the State Department of Education and the school currently has students enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
Ánimo Inglewood Charter High School is located in a repurposed hospital building in the heart of Inglewood. It opened in 2002 after Green Dot successfully petitioned the State Department of Education to overturn Inglewood Unified School District’s refusal to grant the school a charter. The school has become a model of Green Dot success with more graduates attending UCLA than those from any other school, public or private, in the city.
Sue Jean Hong
Join us for Coffee with the Principal meetings, every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 8:15 - 9:30am.
President & CEO, Green Dot Public Schools California
Dr. Cristina de Jesus
News & Announcements
Today we are excited to learn that two of Green Dot Public Schools California’s high schools, Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership, have received a Gold Ribbon Schools Award from the California State Board of Education. Ánimo Inglewood and Ánimo Leadership join Ánimo Pat Brown in the honor of receiving the State’s highest recognition for educational…
For 17 years, Green Dot Public Schools has dedicated itself to creating positive, academically rigorous public schools in neighborhoods across the country that are in highest need of quality school options. We are proud of the work we’ve done to serve high school and middle school students in Los Angeles, Memphis, and Tacoma. This week we…
9th and 10th graders will be attend school at the ASLA campus: 11130 S. Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90047 11th and 12th graders will attend school at the Animo Mae Jameson campus: 12700 S. Avalon Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90061
Latest Updates from Ánimo Inglewood
- Daily Breeze — Local High School Graduates Land Prestigious ScholarshipsFifteen accomplished Los Angeles Unified School District graduates will have an extra $10,000 to fund their plans for higher education after being selected for the Milken Scholars 2018 Scholarship Program. The program is open to college-bound graduates in L.A. County, New York City and Washington, D.C., and Milken Scholars are chosen based on their academic excellence, community service and capacity to persevere in ... read more
- Ping Pong Ball-Throwing Robots Get Put to the Test at Fourth Annual CompetitionNearly 10 years ago, Green Dot Public Schools’ robotics program was an idea in the mind of Green Dot teacher, Andrew Osterhaus. Today, students throughout the Green Dot network are learning how to meet the challenges of the future by building their own robots and testing the limits of their mechanical creations. ... read more
- Panels and Community Building at Annual Launch to College Event Prepares Students for Life on Campus“One of the most best resources I received my senior year was Launch to College,” said Alyssa Nettles, an alumna of Ánimo Watts College Preparatory Academy. Launch to College is an annual culminating event where college-bound seniors from all Green Dot high schools in California come together to connect with other seniors attending the same universities, and to learn more ... read more
- How This Math Teacher Connects the Dots for Her Students“It never fails, every time I tell someone that I'm a math teacher they say 'oh my god, I hated math when I was in school,’” chuckled Elizabeth Marin, math teacher at Ánimo Inglewood Charter High School. As a math teacher, this is the same sentiment many of her own students carry as they enter her classroom ... read more
- Art: ‘Desmond Doss’ by Tania AvalosThis piece was part of the Ánimo Voices Competition, which invited students to write about innovators, upstanders, visionaries, or rebels that have made a difference in their local or broader communities. The competition was an opportunity to motivate, recognize, and celebrate our strong student voices through writing and art. Desmond Doss by Tania Avalos, Ánimo Inglewood Charter High School ... read more